• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I used to ride Bart when I was living in the Bay Area years ago. I'd cringe every time I went through Oakland. That place was a cesspool then and has only gotten worse. I'll be visiting family in that area this summer and really will be missing my EDC when I'm there.

Which did you find more fun: Broadway or Oakland City Center?

You know it's not good when arriving at Berkeley is actually a relief.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Almost makes ya want to carry something in a caliber that ends with "magnum" and hope for overpenetration to take down multiple yoots with one shot.

Apply purple only if absolutely necessary to your world view.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

There'll be more hurt in the stampede from the first gun shot than you shoot. They aren't dedicated attackers, they are "having fun". If 40-60 dedicated attackers take you on, good luck regardless of how many rounds you have. Time is going to be the luxury you don't have. However, the odds of them behaving like a zombie swarm or ninja death squad are approximately nil.

Watch any number of videos of large groups of yoots fighting or observing a fight. Once the shot rings out, they remember it's time for dinner.

This is why I would consider my Marlin 1895CB in .45-70 for crowd control. Using CORBON or Garrett safari rounds I'm thinking windrows of folks on the ground with each shot might tend to adjust their world view. Of course there's pretty much zero chance of getting that on a subway in CA...which is why there's zero chance of finding me there.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Turning back from the brink is impossible for the country as a whole. Let's hope that we few can avoid being sucked down the drain.

Pistol boy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Griffith
    Unfortunately based on the restrictive gun laws in the state, it's clear a majority of citizens and lawmakers in California believe otherwise.

And who brings that many people to rob a passenger train? I can just picture the meet-up afterwords. "Great job crew. Time to split up the loot. You get $1.42. You get $1.42. You get $1.42.

Darnell, you held the door open. You get $2.15."

that is too funny. This is why we must keep fighting for our state.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Unfortunately based on the restrictive gun laws in the state, it's clear a majority of citizens and lawmakers in California believe otherwise.

And who brings that many people to rob a passenger train? I can just picture the meet-up afterwords. "Great job crew. Time to split up the loot. You get $1.42. You get $1.42. You get $1.42.

Darnell, you held the door open. You get $2.15."

That Darnell always was a helper. And courteous!

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I think the sad thing about this sort of situation like this is that there's not much you can do. I used to live in Chicago and one of my biggest fears going to work was a Boston marathon style type of attack. It's one of the reasons I left the city. The train is a place where you are trapped and dependent on the government to provide you protection - for which they have no duty to do so. They don't really do much at all to protect inner city transit.

When you have a group of teen thugs wreaking havoc on a train and the police do not intervene... let's say that you are able to carry in that situation. The outcome if you use your gun is probably not going to be good for you from a legal standpoint in any case, especially in a leftist state like California. The media might even get involved by playing nonstop adorable childhood pictures of these "kids" you shot. Trains are crowded, so the chances of missing or a bullet over penetrating its target and hitting an innocent bystander are high, opening you to tremendous liability. And with a gang of 40 you're drastically outnumbered and will probably run out of ammo.

Basically, this is one kind of situation where you are screwed. The best way out of it is to avoid it altogether if you can.

It gets me angry when people here in Indianapolis try to establish a mass transit system. Don't they realize that people move to mid sized cities like Indy because people don't want the big city problems that brings? Hubs for filth and crime... municipal debt, and bottlenecking Indy's poor road infrastructure.

[video=youtube;jAfUI_hETy0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAfUI_hETy0[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    [video=youtube;yDv444M8eDI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDv444M8eDI&t=33s[/video]

Well....this doesn't help.

As I haven't seen the withheld video, I have no idea what stereotypes they are trying avoid, but I suspect Hasidic Jews.

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm quite fortunate that in the four years I rode BART on a regular basis, I was never the victim of a crime. That's especially true since I parked and boarded at one of the worst stations (Fruitvale).

Those were the years before my interest in firearms, and I wouldn't have been able to get a carry permit there anyway. I did walk and stand with a Spyderco Police Model and later an Endura in my hand a lot of the time. Hmmm . . . (then) a 500 lb dude walking around in with a folded knife in his hand . . . perhaps that may be related to why I was not accosted. At least it's why no one kidnapped me.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    If they try that crap in Indy it will just choke off the inner city. Businesses will move to Carmel and surrounding areas. lol But yeah that seems to have been their strategy with the bike lanes and parking spaces taken up by those Blue Indy electric cars.

This is already happening. Indy residents without cars are already choked off from the suburbs and Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, even Greenwood, are already bringing new businesses.

The issue is that there are hundreds of service-related jobs that come with that growth. Those jobs are difficult to staff because those who normally fill those positions are lower income and live closer to the city.

That's why you're seeing a big push for mass transit from Hamilton County mayors. It's as much about getting low-skilled workers into the area as it is about getting suburbanites to work downtown.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This is already happening. Indy residents without cars are already choked off from the suburbs and Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, even Greenwood, are already bringing new businesses.

The issue is that there are hundreds of service-related jobs that come with that growth. Those jobs are difficult to staff because those who normally fill those positions are lower income and live closer to the city.

That's why you're seeing a big push for mass transit from Hamilton County mayors. It's as much about getting low-skilled workers into the area as it is about getting suburbanites to work downtown.

Politicians love to create problems and then present solutions that enrich themselves.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I think the sad thing about this sort of situation like this is that there's not much you can do. I used to live in Chicago and one of my biggest fears going to work was a Boston marathon style type of attack. It's one of the reasons I left the city. The train is a place where you are trapped and dependent on the government to provide you protection - for which they have no duty to do so. They don't really do much at all to protect inner city transit.

When you have a group of teen thugs wreaking havoc on a train and the police do not intervene... let's say that you are able to carry in that situation. The outcome if you use your gun is probably not going to be good for you from a legal standpoint in any case, especially in a leftist state like California. The media might even get involved by playing nonstop adorable childhood pictures of these "kids" you shot. Trains are crowded, so the chances of missing or a bullet over penetrating its target and hitting an innocent bystander are high, opening you to tremendous liability. And with a gang of 40 you're drastically outnumbered and will probably run out of ammo.

Basically, this is one kind of situation where you are screwed. The best way out of it is to avoid it altogether if you can.

It gets me angry when people here in Indianapolis try to establish a mass transit system. Don't they realize that people move to mid sized cities like Indy because people don't want the big city problems that brings? Hubs for filth and crime... municipal debt, and bottlenecking Indy's poor road infrastructure.

[video=youtube;jAfUI_hETy0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAfUI_hETy0[/video]

A buddy of mines grandson and a friend got jumped in Chicago as they were getting in there car. They were out drinking. While his buddy was getting beat up he managed to pop the trunk and grab his grandpa's gun he had borrowed. They called the cops to report the attempted robbery. He got arrested and the gun confiscated. The long story made short, Grandpas gun is forever gone and he is on the no fly list.

Chicago, a special kind of hell.

Top Bottom