Bass Pro Shop parking lot trade gone bad....(for Kirk)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The first link is for a different incident (check the date). Shortly after the incident mentioned in the first link, I traded an AR to the individual in question...

I initially didn't know he was involved, but during the course of the trade it came up. Turns out the guy gave himself a grazing wound to the stomach while (attempting to) safely clear a pistol he was in the process of trading to another person in Bass Pro's parking lot. While he says he's unclear on exactly how it happened as he wasn't paying a lot of attention at the time, he takes full responsibility. He also turned his experience into a cautionary tale on his Facebook page. FWIW, he was medically retired as SFC from wounds received in Iraq. He seems to be a stand up kind of guy, and I wouldn't have a problem shooting with him... Murphy is out there and he's just waiting for anyone of us to relax.

As a side note, I'm happy with the 686-4 and 29-10 that I got from him, and he used the rifle I built for 3 gun and has had good results.

:ingo:

Were the wounds in Iraq self inflicted?

Here we go again.............a LE and Mil...........who are clueless about guns.
    Not all are, but enough of these so called pros screw up enough................and act so dangerous on the range..................there's a reason why I leave the range when such folks show up.

Nothing about legal. All about safety.

Being a dumbarse and posting a PSA on social media.........absolves one of their sins and brings their IQ up 50 points.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Were the wounds in Iraq self inflicted?

Here we go again.............a LE and Mil...........who are clueless about guns.
    Not all are, but enough of these so called pros screw up enough................and act so dangerous on the range..................there's a reason why I leave the range when such folks show up.

Nothing about legal. All about safety.

Being a dumbarse and posting a PSA on social media.........absolves one of their sins and brings their IQ up 50 points.
    I've definitely seen more civilians with poor safety habits at the range than vets or cops. Your comment about a wounded and disabled vet is uncalled for. Familiarization with firearms can also lead to complacency, which can also lead to an accident. If you think that an AD can't happen to you, you need a reality check. All of us need to be vigilant about safety and correct poor handling, be it our own or somebody we see.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I've definitely seen more civilians with poor safety habits at the range than vets or cops. Your comment about a wounded and disabled vet is uncalled for. Familiarization with firearms can also lead to complacency, which can also lead to an accident. If you think that an AD can't happen to you, you need a reality check. All of us need to be vigilant about safety and correct poor handling, be it our own or somebody we see.

This is the point that I evidently failed to get across in my post.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The cop not understanding "order of operations"

is that code for just being stoned, or burnt, or totally clueless?

Because a semi auto is pretty simple in operation.

It is, and locking the slide back during the clearing process helps even dyslexic shooters to avoid running one into the pipe while "clearing".

Last edited:

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    My father (who, of all people, would know) taught me early on that "a car is just like a loaded gun", so I'm going to draw an analogy. Despite all the driver education, admonitions about drunk and distracted driving, etc., far more tragedy occurs due to driving "stupidity" than shooting "stupidity". Why don't we feel the need to go castigate or road-sharing peers the way we do our shooting peers when bad things happen on the road? Is it because "everybody drives" and accidents are just expected and accepted? We all know the damn Four Rules. Speaking for myself, I'm tired of the damn self-righteousness I see every time something goes wrong with a gun.

Deity Complex, it exists to one degree or another in a select few. "An unshakable belief characterized by consistently inflated feelings of personal ability, privilege, or infallibility."

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    Great tattoo idea................

635a649449afad6007c2a69763617eb2.jpg
    But on the serious side when he gets lost in the back woods he should be able to walk stright out if he's rt. leg dominat if not he'll just screw himself in the dirt I guess.

Top Bottom