• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    On the second "MANY", besides being against the forum rules there's nothing soup can do about someone opinions or views. Put em on a list? All gun owners are on a list.
    Actually, they can do something.
    Get accused of something, go to court, and watch all your posts be put on display.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    How do I apply to get paid to read INGO? Sounds like a great job! Hey ATF, my inbox is always open ;) then maybe my wife wont get so mad at me always being on here if Im getting paid! :): Do I put "avid INGO browser" on my resume? :scratch:

And Harleyrider_50, you're safe. Even google translate wont work on your posts ;)

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Tuesday Morning, 0803, February 18, 2014, Offices of BATFE, downtown Indianapolis.

*staff meeting in conference room*

"Ok, people, you have your coffee, now let's get down to business. Schmuckatelli, you've monitoring INGO. What have you learned to date? What are these gun nuts up to?"

"Well, Chief, *throat clearning* from monitoring INGO we have learned that: 1) there is a Libertarian purity test, but no one knows what it is, 2) no one can find .22lr, 3) jury is out on which handgun is best, 4) movies still sell pistols, there is ANOTHER 189 page thread about some damn plastic gun that just came out in a movie, 4) Indiana police like to coonfinger guns during traffic stops for some damn reason, 5) some lawyer from Lafayette keeps telling people to shut up but no one listens to him, 6) some guy named rhino is responsible for most of Indiana's ills, 7) and no one knows what the best holster is."

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Nicely done!

Tuesday Morning, 0803, February 18, 2014, Offices of BATFE, downtown Indianapolis.

"Ok, people, you have your coffee, now let's get down to business. Schmuckatelli, you've monitoring INGO. What have you learned to date? What are these gun nuts up to?"

"Well, Chief, *throat clearning* from monitoring INGO we have learned that: 1) there is a Libertarian purity test, but no one knows what it is, 2) no one can find .22lr, 3) jury is out on which handgun is best, 4) movies still sell pistols, there is ANOTHER 189 page thread about some damn plastic gun that just came out in a movie, 4) Indiana police like to coonfinger guns during traffic stops for some damn reason, 5) some lawyer from Lafayette keeps telling people to shut up but no one listens to him, 6) some guy named rhino is responsible for most of Indiana's ills, 7) and no one knows what the best holster is."

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I once listed a rifle for sale in the classifieds. It was an AK variant that is no longer in production. I had someone saying they were from New York contact me asking me to ship the rifle to him. Not only that but he seemed way to eager to buy it. He sent several PMs and even told me he was a cop with the NYPD. Not only was the rifle I was selling not NY compliant but he kept saying that since he was a cop we didn't have to go through an FFL. I finally just pulled the listing and told him I sold it locally and added him to my ignore list. To this day he is the only person on my list.

New York, you say? Police Department, you say? It wouldn't be NYFelon would it? :):

Jk, NYF. Where'd he disappear to anyway?

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    How do I apply to get paid to read INGO? Sounds like a great job! Hey ATF, my inbox is always open ;) then maybe my wife wont get so made at me always being on here if Im getting paid! :): Do I put "avid INGO browser" on my resume? :scratch:

And Harleyrider_50, you're safe. Even google translate wont work on your posts ;)

:):

stesco

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Greensburg

Great post.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd say monitoring a local forum is a pretty bad assignment for an ATF agent.

When I say I'm witchyoo, I mean to say, I'm witchyoo.

6a00e54ee7b64288330133f33b3b72970b-500wi

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Since about half of the people I have bought stuff from on INGO have shown up wearing a uniform and/or driving a squad car I'm going to go out on a limb and say "yes" there are batfe agents on INGO. I'm also betting that they are in the classifieds trying to buy and sell stuff just like everyone else.

That said, when a stranger invites you to break the law, "just say No". It would be bad enough if it were some kind of sting, but chances are its even worse. Chances are, the buyer is one of those guys who repeatedly does dumb things (like ask strangers to break federal laws) and "bad luck" just seems to stalk. Dealing with these "bad luck" people is a terrible idea because you do not want to be with them when "bad luck" hits them and splatters everyone in their general area. "Bad luck" is sticky and hard to wash off.

Last edited:

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    180   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Not that they have never got things out of perspective, but I believe it is unlikely they would be operating a sting operation over such a transaction,
    considering their extremely low prosecution rate of felons that have tried to buy a firearm at an FFL. Those should be the easy targets & they don't seem to be too interested in those.

Follow the law & you shouldn't have much to worry about.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove

For the TLDR guys Kirk just did a Readers Digest of INGO for the last 12 months. Nicely done.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Not that they have never got things out of perspective, but I believe it is unlikely they would be operating a sting operation over such a transaction,
    considering their extremely low prosecution rate of felons that have tried to buy a firearm at an FFL. Those should be the easy targets & they don't seem to be too interested in those.

Follow the law & you shouldn't have much to worry about.
    You would think, but they busted a guy for buying a gun on behalf of his dad, even though the gun was subsequently shipped to an FFL in the fathers state and the father passed a background check.

They're pursuing this all the way to SCOTUS.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    And don't forget, newspeople will try to to find people that they can crucify.
    That's for sure. I'd worry about them or some antigun left wing group more than the atf or any other abc. My biggest fear is being robbed or killed. That's why I deal with established members.
    Like I said before, it's safe to assume your always being watched as a gun owner. Keep it on the up and up and you have no worries

Top Bottom