• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...MIn4_knZzD6QIVi8DACh16hg4XEAQYEyABEgJNCfD_BwE

I have this for a small yard(.3 acres of mowing). I like the dual batteries. It uses them one at a time running the right side to empty before using the one on the left. With 3 batteries you could keep mowing more than likely as batteries died no matter the size of the area. It does have dual blades that hold an edge fairly well and after a year of use I have had no need to replace them even though I have hit plenty of branches with them.

Also have https://www.lowes.com/pd/Greenworks...VzsDACh0YZwj1EAQYAyABEgJY2vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

For smaller cutting jobs.

Mind you these are for the in town house not our rural place where we have a tractor,2 ridding mowers, along with real chainsaws.

It has been reliable though,and I have used the saw for small trees. The city lot is just an acre(1/3 of which is mowed) in Indy(Geist) but the back bit is forested with a creek so the saw has come in handy.

Even though I use an electric at one property currently if I had it to do again I would not get one. It simply does not have the power and cut ability of a gas mower. You have to wait for the grass to be dry with this one. If not it does a very poor job of cutting. By dry I mean not even dew. It has no discharge so that is probably the main reason.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    When my 15 year old craftsman self propelled mower with the Honda engine dies I will definitely look at battery powered. I too only have a small amount of grass that I can’t get to with my rider. If it will last 15 minutes per charge I’m in!
    That is what I use mine for. Then what I can't get with the push mower, I move to the trimmer.

Top Bottom