• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Damn I am behind on this thread. Can anyone with the brokos belt attest to how well it stays in place on your body when you move around. I am a pretty thin guy and the belt I am using now rides up when I am moving around, getting into/out of the prone, etc.

I'll only be able to give the Fat Bas version of the belt here next weekend.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    LOL!

Shovels are below my Pay Grade, except for certain circumstances...

I am not sure if I have any pics of myself from that tour or not is the problem for me...

Speaking of the Shovel I see that no one, including myself actually carries the E-tool pouch.... does anyone actually like that heavy Etool and pouch?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Speaking of the Shovel I see that no one, including myself actually carries the E-tool pouch.... does anyone actually like that heavy Etool and pouch?
    I carry an E-tool on my pack. Not on my person.

Dividing your kit into 3 groups helps prioritize where some of it needs to be at.
    First line gear, all things clothing and close to you.
    Second line, Guns Ammo, and harness.
    Third line, Everything on your back, what keeps you sustained in the field (your pack and all it’s contents).

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Can we get some pics of you guys actually using your Battle Belts?

6986807634_d35f9b35b7.jpg

In the picture (and now) the belt (from front going clockwise) has a Raven Phantom LC for my G22 with x300, ATS small horizontal GP pouch that I use as an IFAK, a few rows of Molle, HSGI Taco single mag pouch, and two Blackhawk double stack pistol mag pouches.

I plan on swapping out the Blackhawk pouches for HSGI Pistol Tacos, adding a 5.11 large dump pouch, and another HSGI pistol pouch on the strong side for a multitool/light. Also might add a double decker Taco on the support side instead of one of the pistol pouches.

I have learned to buy once cry once on soft gear, so I wont be buying cheap gear to finish the belt just so I can have pouches. I'll hold out for the pouches I want and the HSGI belt.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    BDS right now. It worked great in country... but it also had a MTV holding it down. When running it slick it rides up on me.
    Just curious, I had the same problem with the Blackhawk Belt. Unless I used Droplegs on it, it would ride up like that. Even when I would have my vest on over it...

I switched to an ATS War Belt and have never looked back... :yesway::yesway:

Omaha In June

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    South Bend
    Great topic and info all. I'm just now putting my war belt and plate carrier together. I did a lot of research and ended up going w/ HSGI for the belt and couldn't be happier. I also got a great deal. If you check out their clearance page, they've got some belts discounted down. I saved $22 on the belt.

I'm also a tactical-tubby gunner, so getting extra rows of molle real estate is a plus, but I'm working on trading it in for better health and mobility. I'll post pics of my set up as soon as I can. I'm in the process of getting the pouches and placement set up to how I want them.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm also a tactical-tubby gunner, so getting extra rows of molle real estate is a plus, but I'm working on trading it in for better health and mobility.

I hear ya, my Brokos does not go all the way around to the front, maybe just to my front pockets.

My line of thinking is there will be less real estate for it to cover this time next year ;)

Last edited:

Omaha In June

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    South Bend
    The belt I got was a custom xxl. It all actually lines up where it is supposed to. The slots at 3 and 9 o'clock are right on, along w/ the shoulder strap rings. I'll post pics of my gear as soon as I've got it all finished. Hopefully, a few more weeks. I've been putting it together for a bit, but my job ended in April. So, the budget for gunning is low priority.

dominicandemon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    St. Augustine, Florida
    laidout.jpg

HSGI Belt - $136
    Armordillo Concealment Mag Carrier - $45
    Armordillo Concealment Holster - $100 (There was extra charge for dipping both items in Multicam)
    ITW FastMag Carriers - $60
    Condor Double Mag Pouch - $10 (I use this for a flashlight and multitool)
    ITS ETA Kit with Pouch - $160
    SOFT-Tourniquet - $28
    Mojo Shears - $20
    Mojo Retractor - $20
    Gerber Knife - $40
    SKD Gloves - $35 (Best gloves ever.)

Total - $654.

Wow. I really hate you for making me total that up now....:):

That also doesn't include the Glock 19 in the holster....LOL

I was about to ask how much one of the belt setups cost. WOW, that is alot.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Got my work in progress started, set up with 1911mags and 9mm AR mags for my SBR at the moment, have TACOs for 5.56 mags as well. Raven concealment holster attached to the molle with mini pups. Still need a dump pouch, and load up the IFAK.

belt.jpg

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Got my work in progress started, set up with 1911mags and 9mm AR mags for my SBR at the moment, have TACOs for 5.56 mags as well. Raven concealment holster attached to the molle with mini pups. Still need a dump pouch, and load up the IFAK.

belt.jpg
    What are mini pups? I have my Raven attached with the standard loops right now, but I am looking for a better way.

Top Bottom