• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    Doesn't seem very practical. You would have to strip the mattress off of the bed whenever you wanted to open it, and unless you had a very good mattress it would be very uncomfortable. That also seems like a lot of weight on the four legs; unless you were on a concrete slab, it would be hard on your floor.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    This isn't meant to be an "every day" type of a safe.

I really like this idea... But right now, I don't have enough "stuff" to justify it.

A few folks I know could certainly use one, that's for sure!

Just imagine how high off the ground your mattress top would be if you had a plus/euro top mattress? Woo!

-J-

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Interesting and creative idea. And I do really like the idea of horizontal gun storage.

However, in, around, and under the bed is one of the first places even simpletons will look for stuff. Therefore, I doubt it would stay concealed for long from someone who is looking. Concealed from casual observers, neighbors, and friends - yes. Conclealed from someone looking for valuables - not for long.

They even have an article on their site, "Storing Valuables Under the Mattress Just Got Safer," acknowledging that this is a COMMON place people hide/look for stuff!

It's no less/more concealed than a safe in a closet, imo, and the safe in a closet is easily accessed. Accessing the contents of this thing on a routine basis looks like a pain.

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I don't see it being terribly good as is. It's a good idea with some drawbacks.

1. One of the first places a thief toss's is the bedroom and the bed.
    2. As another poster pointed out, that is a lot of weight on four legs.
    3. Access is cumbersome, so it only practical for long term storage.

Long term storage in a guest bedroom would be the best situation as is.

But it would be really great idea for a in the floor long term storage safe. If you were building a new house you could make room for it in your foundation. Then hide it with a desk on rollers perhaps.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I don't see it being terribly good as is. It's a good idea with some drawbacks.

1. One of the first places a thief toss's is the bedroom and the bed.
    2. As another poster pointed out, that is a lot of weight on four legs.
    3. Access is cumbersome, so it only practical for long term storage.

Long term storage in a guest bedroom would be the best situation as is.

But it would be really great idea for a in the floor long term storage safe. If you were building a new house you could make room for it in your foundation. Then hide it with a desk on rollers perhaps.

You are correct on that is the first place they will look, But the reason I would it is because it would free up allot of space in my room I have two stand up safes with pistol safes on top of them, so if I Had the under bed safe It would make my room seem allot bigger :D

busted1200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Evansville
    From the website;

Frequently Asked Questions

What happens if the hinges are cut off in an attempt to gain entry to the safe?
    The BedBunker safe doors have a ¾” solid square bar that runs the complete length of the door that folds under the hinges when the door is closed.

Will the BedBunker be too heavy to be located in the upstairs of my residence?
    The BedBunkers load factor is about the same as a standard refrigerator. A queen size Bedbunker weighs about a third less than a queen size waterbed. On the queen size BedBunker, the load is spread uniformly over 35 square feet. If you place the headboard against the wall, a good portion of the load will go down the wall. It is always wise to check with an architect before placement of a loaded bedbunker.

How do I set up my BedBunker with the bed frame I currently own?
    The BedBunker is the same length and width of a standard box spring. You build your bed around it. Measure the height of your bed frame and adjust the BedBunker’s eight threaded legs to the correct height. The BedBunker comes with legs that can adjusted up to 11 inches. Longer legs are available upon request.

Will the BedBunker make my bed uncomfortable?
    Today’s mattresses have the technology in the mattress not the box spring. There haven’t been springs in a box spring in almost a century. If you look at a box spring, you will find it’s a platform that is an empty box. By placing your mattress on the floor you can mimic what you BedBunker will feel like

As many as 32 rifles and 70 hand guns, supply complete protection within this carefully designed tamper proof hidden storage system. BedBunkers are guaranteed for life.

We use high security Mul-T-Lock locks on all BedBunkers. Interactive electronic locks are available on request.
    Cylinder-Rim-26D.jpg

Fire protection is managed through a fire resistant sealing system with certified 120 min. tests up to 1533 degrees. All structural components are tig welded and powder coated for maximum strength and protection from the elements.

BedBunker modular safes are designed to replace the box spring under twin, queen, or king size mattresses and are compatible with most standard bed frames. Custom sizes are available by special order.

The BedBunker is equipped with 1” diameter threaded legs for height and leveling adjustments. Optional fully adjustable casters are available for easy repositioning.

Available in single or double safe models for king and queen size beds. A single safe twin size model is also available.

Model: Pricing
    Twin BedBunker $2200
    pixel.gif
    Queen / Double Safe $3700
    pixel.gif
    Queen / Single Safe $2400
    pixel.gif
    King / Double Safe $4000
    pixel.gif
    King / Single Safe $2500
    pixel.gif
    1/2 King BedBunker $2200