• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    My no b.s., well broken in and trusty ar with vortex uh1 and whatever happens to be my carry for the day, usually my sig p228 or p320.

Wife's side has her similarly set up at pistol(not as broken in) and a ruger sr9.

Were currently in a small appartment with enough street light to read a damn book. I will be looking for light options once we move into our new house. So watching what yall use. Thanks

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My no b.s., well broken in and trusty ar with vortex uh1 and whatever happens to be my carry for the day, usually my sig p228 or p320.

Wife's side has her similarly set up at pistol(not as broken in) and a ruger sr9.

Were currently in a small appartment with enough street light to read a damn book. I will be looking for light options once we move into our new house. So watching what yall use. Thanks

Dusk to dawn Hi-output LEDs in the back yard.
    Motion sensor LED's to cover every other angle of the compound. They are not expensive to buy and will light up the night.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Dusk to dawn Hi-output LEDs in the back yard.
    Motion sensor LED's to cover every other angle of the compound. They are not expensive to buy and will light up the night.

I plan some good lighting outdoors. Luckily there's plenty of trees to shade the neighbors. Also theres I think 4 or 5 cops that live in my culvisac (spelling?)
    Also a solid security system will be installed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I plan some good lighting outdoors. Luckily there's plenty of trees to shade the neighbors. Also theres I think 4 or 5 cops that live in my culvisac (spelling?)
    Also a solid security system will be installed.

We run an 8 camera outfit and my daughter (next door) has 8 cameras as well. Every corner is covered.
    Not very expensive to get set up. My major expense outside the initial kit was a 40" flat screen that site next to the TV in the family room for 24/7 monitoring and the extended cables to place the cameras where we wanted them plus the long HDMI cords. The bedroom TV is also on that system when desired. I set it on the system at night. Grab the remote and I have a birds eye view. Pick up the cell and I can see the daughters system.

trclark1525

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2019
    Goshen
    This is not my personal setup, but a setup that a good friend uses as his bedside gun. It’s an 8” 300 Blackout pistol running subsonics with a Surefire Mini can, Cloud Defense OWL, Aimpoint T2, and an SBA3 brace.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    Next to my bed at night is my 2 year old Pitbull mix, Ginger.
    Oh, yeah, I also have my CCW, a CZ 2075 Rami, in case Ginger is not up to the task.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Taurus PT940 .40cal, no attached light, instead a 500 lumen handheld. People if armed tend to shoot towards the light, therefore I use a modified
    Harries technique, where my left arm is bent 45 degrees, forearm another 45 and totally horizontal to my body with the light offset to the outside of my right shoulder
    with my right wrist resting on my left forearm near my elbow for support and stability.

My thought is if they are even temporary blinded, to not give them a shot towards the light that could result in a center mass impact.

Primarily I think the sound of my deep barking Golden and my personal protector Border Collie mix Sarah with her vicious barking should make ANYONE think twice about going further into my residence,
    but should they decide to come further into my home, you're on my battleground where I know the location of every squeak and noise and know where to aim without needing a light. Family members
    know that even though they may have a key, to not just come in unannounced.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    G19 with TLR1. Close is a Mossberg 500, stoked with 5-00Buck, and 5 more is Sidesaddle. If TLR sin't on G19, it's on M500 on a short rail on barrel. Wifey has my 442 S&W, and Surefire hand held light. Spare ammo for both in nightstand drawer.
    I keep a 1911A1 in magazine slot of end table as I type this in front room. We are well covered. Have couple gun magazines like Combat Handguns, and Concealed Handguns for lesiure reading, and in front of my 1911. (I know, old school gun, but served our country well for a long time. Ronin Sam)

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I think it was here on INGO where a guy talked about sleeping with a pistol on or near his bed, and waking up laying on his back, holding the pistol in both hands, pointed toward the ceiling.

After reading that, I started leaving my M&P 9mm in the drawer six feet away from the bed. Also, I keep an old-school Remington 870 16 gauge, 19" barrel, loaded with #1 buck in the closet nearby.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    At night I keep a suppressed G17 with TLR-1 light on a night stand a few feet from the bed. If circumstances make me feel I need something a little different I have these on a wall no more than ten feet away.

Mossberg 500 with light loaded with Federal #1 buck. Suppressed .300 blackout pistol with light.
    mZ8I5pA.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    uWOeOA4h.jpg

C0CiA9Oh.jpg

Nightstand gun is my Sig P320 X-Carry with a Leupold Delta Point Pro and a Surefire X300u mounted with an extra magazine next to it (147gr HST) , under the bed is my LWRC loaded with MK262 77gr SMK’s with three thirty rounders loaded and ready next to it. Our front door is reinforced sos the plan is the wife covers the door with the Sig while I retrieve the rifle and that should keep us covered hopefully. Been reading way to many stories about multiple intruders to chance anything.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Some of y'all got me thinking, I may need to reevaluate some security measures. Oh and compared to some of you, I am waaay outgunned.
    Several years ago, I bought a safe bigger than I needed. Unfortunately it is too big to make the nearly 180* turn into the bedroom. My wife wasn't happy, but it gave me a great excuse to buy a smaller safe to keep in the bedroom. I sits about 5ft from the bed with the door pushed closed at night. I keep a pistol within easy reach, but there's a Mossberg 500 persuader loaded with 00 buck and equipped with light sitting at the ready inside the door of the safe. The wife keeps her pistol in said safe at night, both cells on charge next to the bed along with a pair of Stinger flashlights

Some good ideas in this thread

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Next to my bed at night is my 2 year old Pitbull mix, Ginger.
    Oh, yeah, I also have my CCW, a CZ 2075 Rami, in case Ginger is not up to the task.

Ya, my gsd would mess an intruder up pretty good, then would come to me asking for her treat. Lol

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    If you don't have anything now, this is all you need . . .

[video=youtube;ZjSzAs4PuGw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjSzAs4PuGw[/video]

Dark Star

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    South bend
    At night I keep a suppressed G17 with TLR-1 light on a night stand a few feet from the bed. If circumstances make me feel I need something a little different I have these on a wall no more than ten feet away.

Mossberg 500 with light loaded with Federal #1 buck. Suppressed .300 blackout pistol with light.
    mZ8I5pA.jpg

Wow I've never seen this type... Heck, not even sure what you call them. Locking wall mounts? More information or at least the brand name will be appreciated.

Top Bottom