• Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    629 4 inch with 250gr mag platinum tip winchester

gonna get them and the rust bucket they rode in on.

no lights
    no lasers
    no porting
    no fiber optics
    no dots
    no cargo pant pajamas
    no cheesy mag loader
    no ray ban gold glasses

Last edited:

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Wow I've never seen this type... Heck, not even sure what you call them. Locking wall mounts? More information or at least the brand name will be appreciated. 

https://www.shotlock.com/ You can find them less expensive at various sites around the Internet like Amazon. Mine are an older version with a bit different mechanical lock than what they appear to offer now.

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    I have read a lot of good posts here, and will be making some subtle changes to my home defense. One item I didn't see mentioned with all this weaponry was personal protection. Don't forget your eyes most important and then your ears (electronic muffs) if you have time. I have clear safety glasses near my weapon, remember you may be taking fire. Practice putting on the gear in the dark.
    I shoot skeet and trap weekly and the last thing I would use in a house is a shotgun (tactical), unless I had too without hearing protection. Same goes double for a SBR. Maybe it can be considered a flash bang.
    I think I will be looking into suppressed in the future, that just seems logical. Thanks Ingo.

Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    S&W 360 with two extra loading strips and a big bright flashlight that can also be used as a club. If in need more rounds I have a G26 in same bedside safe.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    629 4 inch with 250gr mag platinum tip winchester

gonna get them and the rust bucket they rode in on.

no lights
    no lasers
    no porting
    no fiber optics
    no dots
    no cargo pant pajamas
    no cheesy mag loader
    no ray ban gold glasses

I use a flintlock myself, unlike you young thundercats these days. Straight old school here. I don’t need this high tech crap.

no modern revolvers
    no smokeless cartridges
    no platinum crapola

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Glock 17 with a Streamlight TLR-1 WML
    When I’m in bed it sits in a Safariland ALS SLS level 4 holster that’s mounted on the back of my nightstand. Also I keep a Fenix 35 flashlight on the nightstand too. If I can stay safely upstairs in our bedroom I have a 870 over the closet doorway.

PQcH2s7.jpg

hOyvQ0M.jpg

ZXDogDN.jpg

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Mossburg 500 the model with the heat shield and 8 round mag so that’s 9 rounds of #4 buck it has a light on it.
    Sig 250 C 9mm with light

If that don’t work I can go to the safe!

BTW
    Marlin 39A loaded with 26 .22 short’s to dispatch skunks and assorted animals is always at the ready.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I don’t have a nightstand setup. Wife too squirmy around guns and frankly arming her would be more risk than her being disarmed.

My original hd setup was a G20. Now I’ve got everything locked up and not accessible and for all practical purposes I’m disarmed.

But we live in a nice area with plenty of targets more appealing than we are.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    We all know that the home exterior lighting is way more critical than the bedside gun, right?

My neighbors refer to my home as the Airport due to the amount of lighting I have, especially the two 8000 lumen 8x12 LED flood lights, one for my flagpole that lights up the entire front of my yard and house, and the same in the back lighting up from the house to my treeline 45 feet from my fence, along with three additional (2 cfl and one led) traditional looking floods for the sides of the house.

You can't step within 100 FEET of my lot at night and not be seen unless your sporting the newest S.H.I.E.L.D. cloaking technology. LOL
    The big LED's are great, low wattage/amperage, with built in daylight sensora for auto shutoff at dawn.

I don't know how my neighbor to the west of me feels about them , but my neighbor's to my north & east love the coverage.

Dimik

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2018
    Mishawaka
    Walther Creed with a green laser. Yeah, I like it. It's perfectly good for that role.
    And I keep a Mossberg 500 with some 00 as well.

bradrob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Empty nesters here, no young kids or grandkids. I keep a S&W Shield 9 with red laser, handheld Streamlight tactical flashlight in the nightstand, and a "Buford T Pusser" Louisville Slugger under the bed. Also have a couple other handguns and steel rods in strategic places around the house. A couple exterior cameras and a security system round out my security shceme. I live in what I consider a safe neighborhood that's well lit, just hope I never have to use any of it to protect the wife and I.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Still kind of old school (like me), I have my Colt Double Eagle 45ACP in my headboard. I don't keep one in the chamber as it has zero safeties and is a SA/DA action. No children in the home ever at night and none enter our bedroom when visiting. I also keep a Kimber Solo 9MM in a drawer in the end table by my recliner in the living room. Both locations have extra loaded mags next to the firearms. I have a motion sensor light with LED bulbs that light up the entire front of my house including all non blocked doors. I have a lot of experience with the Colt, a few thousand rounds. It is 100% dependable and can be brought into action within 3 seconds. Our home has enough night lights on that I can see and identify anyone in the living space.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Still kind of old school (like me), I have my Colt Double Eagle 45ACP in my headboard. I don't keep one in the chamber as it has zero safeties and is a SA/DA action. No children in the home ever at night and none enter our bedroom when visiting. I also keep a Kimber Solo 9MM in a drawer in the end table by my recliner in the living room. Both locations have extra loaded mags next to the firearms. I have a motion sensor light with LED bulbs that light up the entire front of my house including all non blocked doors. I have a lot of experience with the Colt, a few thousand rounds. It is 100% dependable and can be brought into action within 3 seconds. Our home has enough night lights on that I can see and identify anyone in the living space.

We have enough low output night lights that navigation is easy especially if living here.

bradrob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    Hamilton County

Yes, pretty much describes my set-up. Night lights throughout the house are a big help, and I'm pretty sure I could tell an intruder from a family member pretty easily.

Top Bottom