• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    ok...this is the basket case Model 12 S&W I bought. Suicide gun purchased from a LEO, it had been cleaned but the grips weren't removed and blood that pooled under the grips ate the frame up, I mean there was a big thumbprint sized divot.

mod12b.jpg

mod12.jpg

I stripped it down and sent it off for some Cerracoat work. The divot was filled and I bobbed the hammer. I also found a set of Pachmyer to fit the skinnier than normal K Frame. Done in flat earth it now looks like this...

model12a-1.jpg

This is one of my favorite pocket carry guns.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    ok...this is the basket case Model 12 S&W I bought. Suicide gun purchased from a LEO, it had been cleaned but the grips weren't removed and blood that pooled under the grips ate the frame up, I mean there was a big thumbprint sized divot.

Man, the guy that treated that gun like that needs to be shot... oh, wait guess that's been taken care of already.

Seriously, I had no idea that blood could do that to metal.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Seriously, I had no idea that blood could do that to metal.

yea, it has to do with Iron and oxygen being present in the blood... makes iron oxide (aka rust). Blood is also slightly alkaline, and alkali solutions lift rust... so it rusts the metal and then lifts the rust, causing pitting, in this case until there was no more energy to promulgate the reaction. oh, and the heat from his thumb would have helped the reaction along as well.

hmm... looks like that chem class last year wasn't so useless after all.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    picture.php
    picture.php

My Argentine Colt that I had stolen in 1988 was recovered in a drug house raid in 1995 & returned to me by the FWPD Feb. 2010 after it was found behind some shelves during a cleaning of the evidence room.Before (bottom pic ) after (top pic)

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    Friend of a friend brought this shotgun to me and wanted to know if I could put a barrel on it. Someone had cut it below 18"s. Told em how much the barrel would cost and offered $50 for the shotgun. He decided to sell it and I started to work. First thing I did was get rid of the barrel. Ordered a new one from Numrich. Sandblasted and polished all the metal up and reblued.

The barrel changed was a PITA. Not like todays shotguns.

I have very few pics of before, but you can see the nasty brown stock.

Before:
    forearm004.jpg

forearm005.jpg

Stripped stock:
    shotgunstockstripped001.jpg

After:

Shotgun003.jpg

Shotgun008.jpg

Shotgun012.jpg

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    Another shotgun. Bought this one off of gun broker pretty cheap. Stripped it down and added some new furniture. I was going to try and use the furniture, but the forearm had a crack that was to thin to repair. Left the receiver in the white. Sold this one a little later.

Before:

pix397956890.jpg

pix397955234.jpg

pix397955937.jpg

After:
    DSC02332.jpg

DSC02343.jpg

DSC02334.jpg

Top Bottom