• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    No, not full Karma....241 dead Marines, 58 dead French soldiers....all sleeping in their bunks...and murdered by Hezbollah.

Not even close to full Karma yet.

"murdered by Hezballoh" correct, so how is this krama? You really think all the people killed and injured in this event were Hezballoh? If they were then I would call this Karma, but at least some if not all the people here are innocent people that have nothing to do with the people who did that stuff in 83. As someone stated earlier this country isn't even overwhelmingly Muslim. I think they said 20% Christian but that is an understatement. Don't believe me? Research it. So if innocent people died in this... Which surely they did...even if it killed some bad eggs, you call that karma? You can't be serious.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Eh, this is a "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" moment.
    This couldn't have happened in a more deserving place. Anyone remember 1983?
    Let's just call this Marine Corp karma and just sit back and enjoy the moment

I suck at math, I'll be the first to admit. But 37 years ago some bad people did something so anyone from that same country should just be blown up for someone else's actions that wasn't even there for the event?

You know I love so many things about INGO but the amount of hate I see for anything to do with the middle east or anything and anyone connected to it, even if innocent, is sickening. Even one hates the terrorists, hezballoh, etc but the whole country isn't made of them, not even close.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I suck at math, I'll be the first to admit. But 37 years ago some bad people did something so anyone from that same country should just be blown up for someone else's actions that wasn't even there for the event?

You know I love so many things about INGO but the amount of hate I see for anything to do with the middle east or anything and anyone connected to it, even if innocent, is sickening. Even one hates the terrorists, hezballoh, etc but the whole country isn't made of them, not even close.

I will respect your first amendment right to say my hate for a people, a religion, a way of life and a country that is hell bent on hating and killing us sickens you.
    Are you willing to respect my first amendment right to say I hate them?

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I will respect your first amendment right to say my hate for a people, a religion, a way of life and a country that is hell bent on hating and killing us sickens you.
    Are you willing to respect my first amendment right to say I hate them?

I absolutely respect anyone's First Amendment right. I'm just saying the idea that the whole country and everyone in it is hell-bent on destroying America is false. And that's not based on an opinion it's factual. I know plenty of Lebanese people who are contributing to American society today. And I don't mean that I know them as in I read a biography on them or heard about them on the news I mean I actually know them know their families some of them doctors who save American lives everyday. Many of them Muslim many of them Christian. I'm just saying the blanket statement of hating an entire group is an issue. Not just this group any group. It's the same thing BLM is doing to the police and we all are extremely against that so what's so different when we do it?

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I absolutely respect anyone's First Amendment right. I'm just saying the idea that the whole country and everyone in it is hell-bent on destroying America is false. And that's not based on an opinion it's factual. I know plenty of Lebanese people who are contributing to American society today. And I don't mean that I know them as in I read a biography on them or heard about them on the news I mean I actually know them know their families some of them doctors who save American lives everyday. Many of them Muslim many of them Christian. I'm just saying the blanket statement of hating an entire group is an issue. Not just this group any group. It's the same thing BLM is doing to the police and we all are extremely against that so what's so different when we do it?

It's clear to see that you're not going to change your opinion, and nor am I.
    I don't come here to argue or hijack a thread. This has been a difference of opinion, to say the least, that will be without resolution, so I will bow out.
    Thank you for sharing Sir, I just strongly disagree.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    It's clear to see that you're not going to change your opinion, and nor am I.
    I don't come here to argue or hijack a thread. This has been a difference of opinion, to say the least, that will be without resolution, so I will bow out.
    Thank you for sharing Sir, I just strongly disagree.

I also appreciate the fact that we can disagree then keep it civil. Just another thought this is absolutely in no way directed towards you just to open idea for the group. What I'm talking about is more than just being wrong based on facts or opinions. It's more than what's morally right or wrong. Now I understand that not everyone is religious or has different religions but I also know that a good majority of our members here have openly said they are Christian. So my challenge for anyone who thinks that the deaths of these innocent people are karma, or anything less then a tragedy is how would Jesus feel about it? How would he want us to respond to it? Now I'm not trying to preach or start anything. It's just a statement that we all know the answer to. Innocent people dying is bad. Let hezballoh or any other terrorist organizations burn, but I think it's statistically impossible that all of the killed or wounded fall into that group. ( again other than the first sentence this was not directed at the member I'm quoting just open dialogue)

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Eh, this is a "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" moment.
    This couldn't have happened in a more deserving place. Anyone remember 1983?
    Let's just call this Marine Corp karma and just sit back and enjoy the moment

Your analogy is the same as saying there isn't a more deserving place for something like this to happen in than NYC, Boston, Oklahoma City, etc.

Beirut isn't Arab. It is more European than anywhere in the Middle East. It was always a melting pot and multi religious with a very large Christian population.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Your analogy is the same as saying there isn't a more deserving place for something like this to happen in than NYC, Boston, Oklahoma City, etc.

Beirut isn't Arab. It is more European than anywhere in the Middle East. It was always a melting pot and multi religious with a very large Christian population.
    Your first statement about analogies is spot-on, as for Beirut and Lebanon in general, they absolutely are Arab unless you want to argue that Arab=Moslem.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    One thing's for sure, it definitely for sure wasn't Israel. Not at all. They released a statement saying it wasn't us, you guys. A statement! Case closed.

CASE.

CLOSED.
    FWIW the IDF has developed bombs with vertical shock waves in order to minimize civilian casualties when bombing hamas in gaza, so Israel probably Isn't behind this.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    In the news Macron waltzed into Beirut and was greeted with cries for revolution.

In other news a self-described jacobin supporter / leftist reporter has published the information that an Israeli government source has told him that their attack on Beirut didn't quite turn out as they had planned.

Heh, when you see someone doing a smear job with innuendo doesn't it make you want to ask, "Cui bono?", and then dig a little deeper for "the story behind the story"? Oh well, at least you get a glimpse of where their heart lies (pun intended).

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    The word innocent is hard to understand as being applicable when talking about Muslims in general. Worse yet are the terror groups that are an official party of their government. What could go wrong in such a fine city?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The Islamic east and Christian west have been thrown into the pit like two dogs to tear each other up.
    Both need to turn around and go for the throat of who throw'd 'em.

About Beirut, watching France's political maneuvers is probably worthwhile.

Top Bottom