• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Ok, disclaimer: I don’t know how well this will work with a g19.

When I’m out for a walk, on the bicycle, or just taking the dogs out (wearing gym shorts or sweat pants), I’ll offen carry my Shield 2.0 in one of these:
    https://www.bravoconcealment.com/co...cts/iwb-light-bearing-kydex-gun-holster-dos-l

The clips kind of interlock, and through hundreds of draws, I’ve NEVER had the holster come out with the gun.

One of my ideas was to get this exact holster (due to price) and swap out the over hooks for Ulticlip XLs.

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    I have holsters for my LCP2 and Shield that use an UltiClip system. You don't need a belt, it pinches to the fabric of your pants. I've worn them in IDPA and I trust it to work. I also wore a belt because I don't have mag carriers that use the UltiClip system, but the holster was just secured with the UltiClip to my jeans. I haven't found a large manufacturer that makes holsters using that system, but I've used some popular stores on eBay and if the screw holes line up you might be able to retrofit your holster to use one of theirs.

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    Check out the Fabriclip from Cook's Holsters. It's made to be used without a belt however the garment its clipped to obviously needs to be able to support the weight of said firearm. Their website shows the option for a G19 cut for RMR however does not show the option for the light in the same page but the light is offered on other holsters. You may be able to request a custom that allows for both. Hopefully this will work.

https://www.cooksholsters.com/fabriclip-iwb-holster/

elkhunter2018

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Indianapolis
    For quick trips down the street or taking the trash out or whatever, a J-frame or LCR in a pocket holster works perfect.

My LCR lives in my PJ's pocket around the house once I've gotten out of my regular clothes. I've made several runs to the corner grocery store in that attire, including socks and Crocs.

Yeah it's more expensive than a holster but you get to buy a new gun. Then you have to train with it and learn to shoot it good but that's what we like doing anyway......right?

+1 I know OP said no budget for a different gun, but the LCR in a pocket holster would be my solution. I'm planning to buy one this year because I find scenarios a couple of times a week where I'm in shorts and no belt. We do a lot of walking in the neighborhood when it's warm out, and this is my planned solution so that I don't have to wear jeans any time I want to carry. The holster options that others suggested look good, but new gun and excuse to train is what's got my attention!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Everybody is trying to throw money at the solution, when the solution boils down to dress around your carry, not carry around your dress. It takes just a few seconds to throw on a pair of shorts or pants and thread a belt through them. When I “pop out” to the store in the middle of the night because the wife wants ice cream, and none of the four flavors in the freezer is what she wants, I throw on whatever I’m wearing, and run a belt through the loops. I actually timed it this morning before typing this, 13.76 SECONDS. I wasn’t trying to speedlace the belt either, just putting it on. On another note, adults shouldn’t go out in public in sweats unless going to the gym, that said, they even make sweats with belt loops.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    +1 I know OP said no budget for a different gun, but the LCR in a pocket holster would be my solution. I'm planning to buy one this year because I find scenarios a couple of times a week where I'm in shorts and no belt. We do a lot of walking in the neighborhood when it's warm out, and this is my planned solution so that I don't have to wear jeans any time I want to carry. The holster options that others suggested look good, but new gun and excuse to train is what's got my attention!
    They make comfortable shorts with belt loops as well, way cheaper than another gun, unless you’re just using this as an excuse for another gun?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's easy to get complacent. I've not been in a gunfight in years, so... :n00b:

The next thing you know, your "comfortable day" carry is every day carry.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    They make comfortable shorts with belt loops as well, way cheaper than another gun, unless you’re just using this as an excuse for another gun?

Yep, I wear my BioBelt with cargo shorts all the time. Holster stays the same, etc. I do agree with this statement, as well as your previous one. It's not a big deal to gear up IMO.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Unfortunately, a new gun is not in the budget. If it were, I wouldn't be in this conundrum.

I truly wish I understood why I always end up wanting things that don't exist.

I understand what you may be looking for but you may be glad you haven’t found it. Anything that I see would fit your dilemma would be irresponsible for street carry. First a sidearm deserves a good leather holster supported by a strong wide leather belt if it is to be carried on the street, in and out of cars, trucks or tractors, hiking, mountain climbing, bicycle riding, or just standing around breathing. Anything less and sooner or later when you reach for your piece, it won’t be there.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I understand what you may be looking for but you may be glad you haven’t found it. Anything that I see would fit your dilemma would be irresponsible for street carry. First a sidearm deserves a good leather holster supported by a strong wide leather belt if it is to be carried on the street, in and out of cars, trucks or tractors, hiking, mountain climbing, bicycle riding, or just standing around breathing. Anything less and sooner or later when you reach for your piece, it won’t be there.

My holsters are kydex and my belt is nylon, I guess I’m doomed.

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    I use a belly-band type carry band worn high, just under my armpits. Quite comfortable. Here is one that is supposed to go up to 55": https://www.amazon.com/TufForce-Concealed-Holster-magazine-TG-HC106N/dp/B0037TICJM There are many other inexpensive ones that are around $8.00. Buy two small or medium and connect them. They typically fasten with velcro so you can string together as needed. They are not fancy or cool, but it works for me.

chenowethpm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Just get one of those old school leather over the shoulders holsters. Like the ones in the detective movies. I love those although they don’t seem very practical.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I use a belly-band type carry band worn high, just under my armpits. Quite comfortable. Here is one that is supposed to go up to 55": https://www.amazon.com/TufForce-Concealed-Holster-magazine-TG-HC106N/dp/B0037TICJM There are many other inexpensive ones that are around $8.00. Buy two small or medium and connect them. They typically fasten with velcro so you can string together as needed. They are not fancy or cool, but it works for me.
    I wanted a belly band, but they won't accommodate the light and RMR.

Top Bottom