• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    For quick trips down the street or taking the trash out or whatever, a J-frame or LCR in a pocket holster works perfect.

My LCR lives in my PJ's pocket around the house once I've gotten out of my regular clothes. I've made several runs to the corner grocery store in that attire, including socks and Crocs.

Yeah it's more expensive than a holster but you get to buy a new gun. Then you have to train with it and learn to shoot it good but that's what we like doing anyway......right?

^^^ This right here. ^^^

I used to carry a j-frame as a pocket gun for those quick trips or "comfy" moments. The current pocket gun is a Ruger LCP, but I plan to upgrade to a Shield or Sig 365 when funds allow because I want to step up from .380.

Just get one of those old school leather over the shoulders holsters. Like the ones in the detective movies. I love those although they don’t seem very practical.

This too. Because shoulder holsters are cool. Although they are way too classy to pair with shorts and sweatpants, unless you really don't care about looking like you've completely given up on life.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    This too. Because shoulder holsters are cool. Although they are way too classy to pair with shorts and sweatpants, unless you really don't care about looking like you've completely given up on life.
    If you’re wearing sweatpants outside the home, not going to or returning from the gym, you HAVE given up on life, so what’s a shoulder holster gonna matter?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    What I want to know is what's the best gun to carry with flip-flops. I always wear those when I go out in my sweats or pijama pants. Just 'cause they're the most comfortable.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    You could also buy some fabric and sew your own belt loops on your belt loopless pants, until you can get a pocket gun.
    923f1df7-7eb2-4388-a70d-bc1097edde4e

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    Why not just use a Fobus paddle holster?
    Take the light off and carry a light in your pocket!
    I just checked and Fobus makes paddle holsters for glocks with lights mounted!

Last edited:

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    No offense my friend, but I'm gonna suggest a change in mindset. Don't look to cut corners on your carry gear. If you are going out, it should be the same every time. The presence of your sidearm alone will not save you or others.

Draw and presentation should not be compromised along with being prepared for other variables such as the need to run or draw from laying on the ground.

In and out of the vehicle are another whole set of issues.

We carry all the time because we never know when self defense might be needed. Also, if you think hard about "quick trip" destinations, these are very likely the places where you really really need to be ready.

This is also how people lose their guns.

Don't allow yourself to compromise. :twocents:

I can't remember if anyone said....but...uhm...ya, that! ^^^^^^^^^^

Top Bottom