Benchmade just stepped in it with both feet.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What local Republicans are Benchmade supposed to donate to?

I know what you're saying. But by way of comparison, the local UAW local down here has no problem finding democrats and "independents" here in republican Lawrence county to support.

Plus, as I understand it, this company not only donated to local democrats but to non-local ones as well.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The opportunity or lack their of doesn't seem to be a problem when they apparently were able to find some prior to 2014 and had no problem supporting Democrats as far away as New Mexico.

They are trying to get national knife law passed in the Federal government, so they may have a good reason to contribute to some we may not like.

MM

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If that is correct about Surefire, it appears that they ceased giving to dems five years ago?

If so, I can appreciate that it was a little less evident five years ago that the dems are the ememy of the Second Amendment.

In the modern day, there is no way that gun owners can surmise that dems are anything but our ememy. :twocents:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If that is correct about Surefire, it appears that they ceased giving to dems five years ago?

If so, I can appreciate that it was a little less evident five years ago that the dems are the enemy of the Second Amendment.

In the modern day, there is no way that gun owners can surmise that dems are anything but our enemy. :twocents:

Really?! It's been evident that this was the case all the way back to the Clinton years, if not further.

Heck, I've only been INGO'ing for nine years, and it's been anti-dem here all that time.

Let's not move the goal line, we must boycott ever US manufacturer that's ever given money to a Democratic candidate in the past two decades.

#2AWitchHunt

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Really?! It's been evident that this was the case all the way back to the Clinton years, if not further.

Heck, I've only been INGO'ing for nine years, and it's been anti-dem here all that time.

Let's not move the goal line, we must boycott ever US manufacturer that's ever given money to a Democratic candidate in the past two decades.

#2AWitchHunt

Hey, we gotta start somewhere.
    We know it doesn't take much to make a difference.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    On one hand, I'm totally down with the #2AWitchHunt. Why give our money to someone who doesn't support our beliefs?

On the other hand, I think it could be cutting off the nose to spite the face. What if Surefire/EOTech, for example, feels the heat of a boycott and decides to stop civilian sales? I'm not gonna be hurt because I can't afford their stuff anyway. But what about those who can?

As much as I hate to say it, this just might turn out to be one of those "never meet your heroes" scenarios. :twocents:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I ordered 3 SF lights this morning, I believe their explanation, sometimes, getting in bed with the enemy is the cost of doing business.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I ordered 3 SF lights this morning, I believe their explanation, sometimes, getting in bed with the enemy is the cost of doing business.

That's Disgusting!

48x3boB.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Dicks is a dealer which has a much larger clientele and much bigger margin on clothing/shoes/golf clubs than guns.

Patriotic gun owners may not shop there any more but there are plenty of soccer moms buy overpriced NorthFace jackets.

I just don't see many LGS stop selling BM knives.

Are you saying that Dicks Sporting Goods didn't see a hit on their balance sheet? Theoretically Dick's should be able to stand up to this kind of thing better than some other companies, due to your point about soccer moms, etc but Dick's took a hit in 2018, and though it is not easily able to be correlated to strictly it's public anti 2A stance, the timing sure seems to suggest that 2A supporters pulled back buying all kinds of things at DSG. (I definitely did -- though in the case of DSG, it is obviously a much more aligned and top down, no bones about it Anti 2A stance that company leadership has taken, than what we may/may not be seeing from Benchmade).

Of course that is just correlation and it may just be that DSG is just a poor retailer and people are finally realizing it. (Either way, I don't care, as long as they have less revenue and income to channel to anti 2A efforts).

There are other articles out there if you look, I just picked one:
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/...change-under-armour-to-blame-for-weak-results

As far as Benchmade goes, I'm guessing some policies go into effect real quick on allowing pictures to be taken by anyone on company premises, etc and that they also review some of their decisions on how they are contributing to political campaigns, etc. I'd think they would certainly see some impact from all of this, and I can't see the folks that would agree with cutting up guns, generally driving up their sales in any kind of a sustained way.

If they weren't at least thinking about the impacts of these things as putting them in an anti 2A light they certainly are now.

Last edited:

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Are you saying that Dicks Sporting Goods didn't see a hit on their balance sheet? Theoretically Dick's should be able to stand up to this kind of thing better than some other companies, due to your point about soccer moms, etc but Dick's took a hit in 2018, and though it is not easily able to be correlated to strictly it's public anti 2A stance, the timing sure seems to suggest that 2A supporters pulled back buying all kinds of things at DSG. (I definitely did -- though in the case of DSG, it is obviously a much more aligned and top down, no bones about it Anti 2A stance that company leadership has taken, than what we may/may not be seeing from Benchmade).

Of course that is just correlation and it may just be that DSG is just a poor retailer and people are finally realizing it. (Either way, I don't care, as long as they have less revenue and income to channel to anti 2A efforts).

There are other articles out there if you look, I just picked one:
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/...change-under-armour-to-blame-for-weak-results

As far as Benchmade goes, I'm guessing some policies go into effect real quick on allowing pictures to be taken by anyone on company premises, etc and that they also review some of their decisions on how they are contributing to political campaigns, etc. I'd think they would certainly see some impact from all of this, and I can't see the folks that would agree with cutting up guns, generally driving up their sales in any kind of a sustained way.

If they weren't at least thinking about the impacts of these things as putting them in an anti 2A light they certainly are now.

Dick's is a retailer, they can change whatever they want to sell.

Guns are small portion of their business, garment and sporting goods have much higher margin, 100% markup isn't uncommon.

And there are plenty of gun owners still shop there.

Dick's are not gonna close their doors like Sears any time soon.

Is Brad gonna stop selling BM knives?

I don't think so.

Top Bottom