• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Went to the shop in Muncie and the Beretta 87 was still there , price was $599. Thought of buying a used Beretta Neos they had there at $199 but ended up with a Ruger LCP II 22lr bought at Rural King. Hope to test it out later today.

$600: must have been in fair condition.
    Never have seen that price level.

I have had 4 Neos, and loved them.
    I would like to try out the LCP II .22LR as well.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    $600: must have been in fair condition.
    Never have seen that price level.

I have had 4 Neos, and loved them.
    I would like to try out the LCP II .22LR as well.

If the 87 is in there next time I'll ask to see it. I might end up with the Neos if I go back in there again and its still there!

Just got back from a range session with the LCP II 22lr ,actually a pretty decent shooter at 7 and 15 yards. I was expecting a trigger pull similar to my LCP II in 380 but that is not the case at all - this 22lr LCP II has a really stiff trigger.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If the 87 is in there next time I'll ask to see it. I might end up with the Neos if I go back in there again and its still there!

Just got back from a range session with the LCP II 22lr ,actually a pretty decent shooter at 7 and 15 yards. I was expecting a trigger pull similar to my LCP II in 380 but that is not the case at all - this 22lr LCP II has a really stiff trigger.

I probably would only be shooting it from
    5 or 7 yards.
    Sorry to hear that the trigger is a little stiff.
    Since I used to love shooting the very small Beretta tip up barrels thought this might be a fun way of having a really small .22LR to shoot.I can get these guns new for $300 plus tax, of course.
    I would want to pay only $250 for one used, maybe $275 tops. If there was an extra mag that would really help.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The usual Monday range day.
    300 rounds total in 2 hours.
    Used Armsor 36 grain, HP HV, except with the 87T & 41, which takes SV (CCI)

Only 21'
    Beretta came out on top today in my imaginary scoring system.
    But, it did have the best group I've ever done on the Torso.
    ravQIry.jpg

30' Beretta 87 wins again.
    o2zcITO.jpg

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Some nice tight groups! I shot some rested groups myself last weekend with the 617 and 2X Leupold. Even with the eyepiece backed out all the way I am still having focus issues , definitely time for an eye appointment!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Range day with the Beretta 87 Target vs the Ruger Mark 3, both with optics.
    Groups are a tad tighter for the 87 T, but they should be with over 3x more invested in the 87.
    I love both of them dearly & intend for them to be long-term keepers.
    The 87 is a bucket list gun (waited 2 yrs.) & the Mark 3 just shoots so darn well for as little money in it, as to be remarkable.

21' & 30' & 45' & 75'
    I adjusted the scopes for the longer distances, so 21' & 30' were shooting low.
    jIsViaV.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Range day.
    Been shooting other guns & this was the only semi-auto I took with me.
    Beretta 87 Target
    Used CCI SV 1270 FPS on a rest at 30' & 45'.
    20 rounds in head & torso/heart.
    dpVGwph.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Wanted to take some last rounds with the Beretta 87 since someone has been wanting to buy it for the past month.
    Since my gun count more than doubled from the low count got down to, I have trimmed 3 guns, but don't ask if I've bought anything else. :dunno:
    I really like this Beretta 87 & it seems it gets better the more I shoot it.

This was at 30', not 21', I don't know why I wrote the wrong distance down.
    I even shot some targets at 45' with the Beretta 87.
    The goal for a handgun with an optic is all their rounds in the 2" circles, whether it be 5/5 or 10/10 rounds.
    With no optics just using iron sights, 21' is sufficient.
    I put a Ruger Mark 3 down here also instead of burning through more ammo using 2 different target sheets.
    10 rounds per 2" circle.
    5hWzdQx.jpg

Tood optic off, using just iron sights, but but not free hand b/c still using a rest.
    10 rounds per circle.
    e7tzL2i.jpg

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    The gun shop in Muncie has had a Beretta 87 in their case for most of this year it seems, they have it priced at $599 , may ask to see it next time I am in there. Looks like yours shoots pretty well for you. They have a few Buckmarks in there too I may look over next time since I am shooting mostly rimfire these days.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The gun shop in Muncie has had a Beretta 87 in their case for most of this year it seems, they have it priced at $599 , may ask to see it next time I am in there. Looks like yours shoots pretty well for you. They have a few Buckmarks in there too I may look over next time since I am shooting mostly rimfire these days.

Someone should grab it up then b/c I've never seen anything like that pricing with this gun.
    I'm not selling mine for anything under $800.
    Mine looks brand new & I know it's history which is a stellar profile.

Es3ESyq.jpg
    ZLGZXnp.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I sold the Beretta 87 yesterday. :crying:
    A member had been wanting it since I bought & knew I didn't hang on to most guns too long, but move on the the next one.
    He had a history history with the 87 so it was a pleasure selling to someone who really appreciates it.

I've never really sold a gun before that I liked so much as this 87. :scratch:
    It looked dynamite with the wood grips I'd bought & the more time I spent with it, the more accurate I got with it.

Recently, the Beretta 87 got 10 rounds in each of five 1.75" circles putting it at 100% accuracy & no other gun has done that yet for me.
    The SW 41 has done 96%.
    I just didn't need 2 pricey .22LR guns in retirement. :nono:
    I have over $1100 in the the SW 41 & it is technically a better gun & if I shoot it more I'll get more accurate with it, getting 100% with it as well.
    I have a Ruger Mark 3 that I've shot at 97% recently, sometimes beating the 41 on a given day which surprises me since I have less than $300 in it. :dunno:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I have a Ruger Mark 3 that I've shot at 97% recently, sometimes beating the 41 on a given day which surprises me since I have less than $300 in it. :dunno:

Actually not surprising. I often shoot better scores with my 4" 22/45 than I do with my 41. The 22/45 was $200 used a few years ago. The 22/45 has a Vortex Venom where the Smith has an Ultradot.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Actually not surprising. I often shoot better scores with my 4" 22/45 than I do with my 41. The 22/45 was $200 used a few years ago. The 22/45 has a Vortex Venom where the Smith has an Ultradot.

That is amazing!
    zachcz, who I bought the inexpensive RM3 from loves to make fun of it outshooting my handguns that cost 2, 3 or even 4 times as much.
    I've wondered if the Mark 3 is inherently more accurate b/c of design, than the Mark 4, of which I've owned several RM4, but only two Mark 3 (the other was modified & shot better than anything as well).

Top Bottom