• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Tandor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Chesterton
    I have both, just got a new SA A-1 loaded I love this gun. a whole lot slimmer and more accurate. My sites are now on a compact 1911. Go woth the 1911.

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Once you go double stack, its not a 1911 IMHO

I would say my Beretta 92fs Inox was the first high quality 9mm I had owned. The pistol is reliable as anything you will find shooting any type of 9mm ammunition you run through it. A distinct advantage to the Beretta is the capacity over a true 1911. Also the decock safety is what sets the bar for decocking devices. If a higher magazine capacity and 9mm is the round prefered I would go 92fs all day long.

Having said that I absolutely love single action 1911 pistols. I recently purchased a Springfield Hi cap model 1911 it holds 13+1 .45 rounds. The reason I love 1911s is I love tge slim grip and the control I have over the pistol in my hand. Once I got into my head that I wanted a higher capacity 1911 I purchased the springfield hi cap. The problem was that with the double stacks wide grip I had a pistol which was not really a 1911 and sacrificed the feel which I loved about 1911s for a capacity which is not 1911 standard.

I would go single stack 1911 or 92fs.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    Bout the only thing other than a full auto to shoot lead out faster than a 92FS would be a 12 gauge semi auto shot gun shootin 00 buck. for close combat the Beretta. i think the beretta shoots faster on target once you get used to the trigger pull, i never did. the 1911 is a little easier to carry and hide, and i love its trigger. so i picked the 1911. :twocents:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Can't decide for my first Pistol. Held the 92 and love it alot. I've held many varietes of 1911's from a GI Springfield to a compact Kimber and Kimber eclipse,Para double stack and so on. Love 1911's.

Can't decide for my first pistol which I will also carry.

I have never been particularly attracted to any of the umpteen variants of the 1911. I know that a lot of people will consider that a heretical statement, but so be it.

My M9 (which is essentially a 92) is probably my favorite handgun.

:twocents:

Top Bottom