• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sensor5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    They are not poly throughout.....a magnet will stick to it and there are pics online of the trigger's metal skeleton. Even the head is SOLID metal where the trigger pin and trigger bar mates with the trigger. Beretta claims they polymer coated the trigger, safety, and mag release because they exhibit the most finish wear. I don't understand the issue with all the polymer guns in existence.

Last edited:

sensor5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    They are poly throughout and we have several become "Dead Triggers" each year. In fairness those we're used as Training ng guns. Our duty guns are good to go I'd just prefer a meteal trigger. Issue is A gouge gets rubbed I to them and they will not reset. As far as the M9 (and Centerians we have as well) metal triggers and never an issue. And even the Beretta Armorer when certifying our Armorers even recommend changing to a metal trigger.

We are going to M&P's at some point unless the contract gets changed.

They have a metal skeleton and ALL metal head....

Last edited:

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    A LOT of love for the Beretta's! Love my Beretta 92FS, the older 92F, and LOVE the 92D. Once you get used to the long double action pull, they are sweet and very smooth. Best and smoothest action of any semi auto I have owned, carried, and shot over the last 25 years hands down! ANd for me...THE MOST accurate pistol I shoot! Trigger isn't for everybody...and they are HUGE by today's standards, but for the right reasons and situations, it is hard to beat! Now, I am a bit of an old timer in my preference for firearms, not a huge Glock fan (but trust my life to one daily!), and from a purely selfish perspective think the 92 series (in all black) is the absolute sweetest, coolest, (um...sexiest?) looking pistol made. I kind of like them...

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    They are poly throughout and we have several become "Dead Triggers" each year. In fairness those we're used as Training ng guns. Our duty guns are good to go I'd just prefer a meteal trigger. Issue is A gouge gets rubbed I to them and they will not reset. As far as the M9 (and Centerians we have as well) metal triggers and never an issue. And even the Beretta Armorer when certifying our Armorers even recommend changing to a metal trigger.

We are going to M&P's at some point unless the contract gets changed.
    Poly throughout? Weird that a magnet sticks to my polymer trigger.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I wonder it the "Poly throughout" are the blue all plastic training guns and not actually pull the trigger and they fire M9/92 series. Of course an all plastic training pistol trigger will break if you pull it assuming the simulator is one piece molded plastic.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I have seen a web molded behind the trigger on the blue training guns. Keep you from pulling the trigger.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have seen a web molded behind the trigger on the blue training guns. Keep you from pulling the trigger.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was just guessing based on what was said earlier. Not afraid to be proven wrong, not afraid to admit it. Thanks again!

When it comes to the real deal, I have fired more rounds through various M9/ Series 92 configurations than I can remember and never had a trigger issue.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    They have a metal skeleton and ALL metal head....

Government contract guns don't. Even the factory rep doing Armorer recert said he recommended replacing with metal triggers

And I can tell you as an instructor when when have a line full we have several break every time we run the range. Granted they are Training guns but I was an instructor in the military and we never had the trigger issues with the M9's that I see with the Vertec 92D's

Last edited:

sensor5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    Government contract guns don't. Even the factory rep doing Armorer recert said he recommended replacing with metal triggers

And I can tell you as an instructor when when have a line full we have several break every time we run the range. Granted they are Training guns but I was an instructor in the military and we never had the trigger issues with the M9's that I see with the Vertec 92D's

Confusing

Last edited:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Confusing

?? Just relaying what the factory rep said, we never had reason to doubt him but with the way the triggers are breaking I'd say he is right there can't be any metal/alloy whatever in them. Not Beretta but anothe Ir example of GOV contract guns that I delt with on the Military side we had a rash of Colt M4's that we had to replace the burst can and trigger return spring. When they push stuff out so much stuff gets cheaper down.

That's one reason Ruger has some recall issues. When. You try and out out 2 million guns a year that's nice but Bo way your QC can keep up.

sensor5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    I am 100% certain a magnet will stick to the trigger. A "dead trigger" is most likely a broken trigger spring.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I am 100% certain a magnet will stick to the trigger. A "dead trigger" is most likely a broken trigger spring.

Our dead trigger is the trigger it's self. A groove gets worn in them and they will not go forward. (Like a Glock when you pull the trigger and don't work the slide) won't be our issue much longer as the Agency adopted S&W M&P 9's.

Top Bottom