• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    1. A Sig P365, a pistol that holds 10+1 and is the same size or smaller than pistols that hold 7 or 8 rounds at most, and comes from the factory with standard night sights, is not worth $500 as a tool to be carried every day for defense of yourself and loved ones. :dunno:
    2. But $600 for a Ruger GP100 in .22lr makes perfect sense. :n00b: :rolleyes: :nuts:
    :laugh: :chuck:

A. What you have pointed out is that it is not the money. I have it to spend obviously, as you have pointed out.
    B. It is a matter of choices of where to spend it, and you question my priorities and point out my inconsistencies, of which there are many and I have no problem with your voicing what others would probably agree with since I have so much fun in my ignorance and naivete.
    C. I am not going to be at the same level as other gun aficionados after 10 months of getting back into it after nearly 30 yrs. of walking away from guns while others have been doing this for decades: my priorities are skewed, just like in my car club my driving a "garage queen" through the winter outraged many b/c of my priorities or lack thereof.
    D. I have CC revolvers with only 5 shots of 38 special b/c I don't carry semi-autos for protection b/c I have trust issues: fine for a back-up, though.
    E. If I thought I needed 10 rounds, there would be others making fun of me b/c I didn't have 15 rounds: such is the way of the world.
    F. If I thought I needed 10 rounds I would have 1 revolver in my ankle holster and another in my DeSanti pocket holster (with flap for covering profile).
    G. I am not in training to break up a bank robbery. Only once have I had my hand on my gun in my jacket, and that was downtown b/c a young man was following my wife and me after I refused him money and he was calling after me and following me, fortunately for my evening, we went into St. Elmos and he went on his way.
    H. By the way, back in the late 80s when I was carrying, I used a two-shot 38 special derringer for a carry sometimes, or my little Beretta .25 tilt-up, or my S/W .22LR.
    images

Z

picture%20074.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

Z

2Q==

Z
    2Q==
    convert

I. Oh, how I've grown: using a .380, or a .32. or a 9mm or a 38 special, but still a disappointment to so many. :laugh:
    J. Thanks for the feedback. Believe it or not I do listen and consider what I read here.
    K. The Sig 928 or 365 neither were even on my radar since they were Sigs and I'm a Smith fan b/c of my limited experience.
    L. I did have a Sig RS290 briefly but I don't even remember what I had that I preferred at the time (bought used at Hoosier Armory for $260ish).
    M. Maybe I'll grow up someday and get a Sig. Then I'll get criticized by someone with a _________ (fill-in-the-blank) of the latests and greatest.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    1. A Sig P365, a pistol that holds 10+1 and is the same size or smaller than pistols that hold 7 or 8 rounds at most, and comes from the factory with standard night sights, is not worth $500 as a tool to be carried every day for defense of yourself and loved ones. :dunno:
    2. But $600 for a Ruger GP100 in .22lr makes perfect sense.
    :n00b: :rolleyes: :nuts:

:): :laugh: :chuck:

1. Just to show you I listened to you what you were saying, here is your point in a thread I was reading comparing the Glock 43 and the Sig 928:

"Things like price and cost of ownership are going to be ignored for the sake of a purely performance-based review. I’m of the mindset that, when choosing a concealed carry pistol, shooters who value their lives and the loved ones should prioritize performance over price. That said, the four areas of comparison include accuracy, reliability, ergonomics, and concealability."

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I reread this whole thread with all of its pertinent input.
    I especially enjoyed those that "took-a-shot" pointing out my foibles and inconsistencies: I'm a wide target (all puns intended!). :laugh:
    I now own the Glock 26 (bought off Bucknut yesterday and taken to the range: love it immensely) since I started this thread and bought/shot/compared the Nano.
    I am just processing in my mind b/c I will justify keeping the Glock 26, and will keep it (very pleased and proud to have a Glock finally).
    I believe it will be a long-term acquisition (unless my head gets turned later with the Sig 365 others promote). :dunno:
    Someday, I might buy one (once they have been out for used prices to become attractive), and be going through the same thing I'm going through now in this conversation.
    The Glock acquisition warrants the selling of the newly acquired Nano or even my beloved Shield 9mm (shocking to even say those words, analogous to me talking of selling my Corolla). :scratch:

After getting back from the range, I checked fit in my ankle holster and pocket DeSanti Superfly (w/flap to cover profile).
    Pocket holster: all is well and all draw w/o issue from pocket including my new favorite Glock 26 (thicker in grip).
    But, I will have to get either a new longer velcro strap with a snap or bigger ankle holster for the Glock to have a home on the ankle, like I prefer.

The Nano doesn't shoot as well for me as the Shield 9 or the Glock 26, but for self-defense (15-20 feet), fine, but it will never double as a range gun like the Shield has (other bigger 9mm have not been impressive in comparison, but bought the Beretta 92FS for such purposes after renting a dozen at the range this week), and the Glock will definitely serve the dual purposes from everything I've read and experienced (range rental and yesterday's purchase and 100 rounds).

My feeling is, for those who aren't so totally bored out of their minds that they won't read this thread anymore, that the support/advice will be:
    1. Glock 26
    2. SW MP Shield
    3. Beretta Nano

Or, some will say sell all three and get the Sig 365 or even the 928
    After shooting the Glock 43, it's not in the running anymore since I have the Shield: samish.

Top Bottom