• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I bought the Taurus 738 TCP a few months back and like it for what it is- no 50 yard gun fights or anything ;) . I have shot 200+ rounds of various ball ammo through it with only one fail to feed on the 8th round. Shot 12 rounds of the Winchester Bonded HP's that I carry and it was all good. I have a H&K USPC 40 that is to big to carry a lot of the time so I would rather have this small weapon than nothing at all. My buddy has the LCP and it seemed comparable to the Taurus when we shot them side by side.

Note: If someone breaks into my house this won't be the first thing that I reach for though.

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I have had a P3AT for probably 4 years now and still love it to this day. Throw it in a pocket holster, drop it in and forget its even there.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I bought a Walther PK380 a month ago. I put about 500 rounds through it and have had no FTF's. Its a small easy to conceal weapon, and very, very light. Even the wife liked shooting it. It cost me about $340

The PK380 is not a bad gun. I enjoy shooting my wife's. It is not pocket gun however.

That's one .380 that just melts into a smaller hand. I've held it, but never shot one. How does it compare to the smaller "pocket" .380s that kick like a mule?

Recoil is very light! Very enjoyable to shoot. I have never enjoyed the pocket autos myself.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I've had quite a bit of trigger time with a LCP, and it's a pretty good gun for what it is. But make sure your expectations on what the small weapon is capable of is realistic! I wouldn't call them fun to shoot, but they get the job done.

If I had to buy a small gun, and I know you said .380, but I would pickup a LCR over anything else out there. For a guy with larger hands, it's comfortable, accurate, and simple.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've had several Bersa 380s and like them a lot. They are not the smallest pocket gun around, but do shoot well. I've had a PK380 and that was one of the softest shooters I've seen. It's light and really dampens the recoil but it is a bit larger than the Bersa's and IMO is too big for a pocket gun.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    I have P3AT, LCP, and Taurus TCP738. Haven't done anything to any of them but clean, lube, and shoot them. NO issues with them. Not much diff between P3AT and LCP. No suprise there. The TCP738 has by far the best trigger. But it seems to me to have some sharp edges and corners that make it print slightly in some of my pockets. Gonna take it to the drum sander and fix that.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Look at the Sig 238

Considering the p3at or lcp so far. Which of these two would you go with for a pocket gun? Any others that i should consider?

Thanks for any input in advance.

I have carried the Ruger LCP, Taurus TCP and the Diamondback 380 before I purchased a Sig 238. The Sig is miles above the other three although it will cost about $150 to $200 more. The 238 is like a mini 1911 and as smooth as it gets. Fired 150 rounds with zero issues. The worst to FTF/FTE was the Diamondback, stay away from that gun. I sell Kel-Tec P3AT's but have never shot one; people seem to like them and they are dirt cheap and you can't kill them. Never had a problem with my LCP but they do not compare with the Sig in overall quality. You can rack the slide with two fingers. You get what you pay for.

jthom19802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    I own the .380 bodyguard and it is perfect for smaller hands like I have. For what it's worth, I have had zero issues with it.

mjones

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    McCordsville
    i was told the trigger pull on a lcp was really long is that true i am wanting to retire my pt22 and get a little bigger pocket gun really like the sig 238 but have considered the lcp and the smith and wesson body gaurd

Top Bottom