• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm a fan of the Sig P938 or P238 for pocket carry. They are small and fun to shoot for their size

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    One I haven't seen mentioned is the Kahr CW380. It's another good option for a "pocket gun"

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have had nearly all the .380s mentioned here and enjoyed them (never did like the Colt Mustang, but kept it for 30 yrs. just b/c it was a Colt).
    I finally got to the point that I realized there were 9mms nearly as small as the .380s, so I decided to divest myself of anything smaller than the 9mm, (.22 magnum S/W Pistol I loved and my Beretta .25s and .32s).
    The Glock 42 shot wonderfully for me, better than the G43 did in my hands.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have had nearly all the .380s mentioned here and enjoyed them (never did like the Colt Mustang, but kept it for 30 yrs. just b/c it was a Colt).
    I finally got to the point that I realized there were 9mms nearly as small as the .380s, so I decided to divest myself of anything smaller than the 9mm, (.22 magnum S/W Pistol I loved and my Beretta .25s and .32s).
    The Glock 42 shot wonderfully for me, better than the G43 did in my hands.

I am the same way. I carry the 42 cause I shoot it better than the 43. My work is not very gun friendly so the 42 is my work buddy. I just keep in mind that if I ever have to use it for it's intended purpose, I will probably have to put the whole mag in a guy to stop him.
    The sad part is, I had a Kimber Solo and a Sig P290RS that were both the same size or maybe a little smaller than the G42, but I did not shoot them as well as my G42.

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    LCP 2 in whatever pocket holster you like, cheap , reliable and honestly IMHO it's the best pocket 380 on the market. Personally for me I have yet to find a 9mm that meets "pocket carry" for me but then again I am just a young hipster who wears skinny jeans occasionally 

What he said...

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I have a p238, p938, and a second gen LCP. People talk like the 238 and 938 are the same except for caliber. The 938 weighs quite a bit more than the 238 loaded and has much more recoil. With a trigger guard I can put the lcp in the front pocket of a pair of sweat pants the same as a small wallet and not notice it is there. Due to their weight the others feel like a brick in comparison be in sweats, jeans, or khakis. If you are talking iwb thats a different story but if you are talking pocket carry i don't consider them practical.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    One I haven't seen mentioned is the Kahr CW380. It's another good option for a "pocket gun"

^^^ this! I own or have owned a Kel-Tec P3AT, Ruger LCP, Colt Mustang, Sig P938 and Kahr CW380. The CW380 is best for pocket carry [in a holster of course]. Way better trigger than the Kel-Tec and Ruger and no safety to fumble with [unlike the Colt and Sig]. A S&W 642 isn't too bad for pocket carry either although it's a bit wider than the others.

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    I switch quite a bit, but mostly I carry the Walther ppk/s on a high ride owb holster during the colder months. Never had any problems with those

Kerwin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2015
    Hammond
    P3AT - carried for a year, terrible gun: only fed round nose reliably, painful to shoot

LCP - shot a couple of times, seemed reliable but similar ergos to the P3AT

TCP - carried daily for last 6 years, always reliable with original mag, not painful to shoot (triangular trigger guard helps), slightly chunkier grip vs LCP and P3AT makes a huge difference in having a confident grip, lock open on last round is nice

For true pocket carry, I'd never be able to carry anything bigger than the TCP, even just a hair bigger.

Top Bottom