• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AF Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    North East, Indiana
    I just went through trying decide if I wanted a small pocket gun and it took me awhile to decide if wanted to do it. My main reason for going with 380 or 9mm is size and weight. I wanted a true lightweight pocket gun, not a small 9mm. I wanted something I could drop in a pocket of gym shorts or track paints and not have them fall down because of the weight. So for me weight was the biggest concern. Then I did some caliber searching, 32ACP or 380ACP. After lots of reading and videos I decided on the 380, mostly due to a Paul Harrell Video on small caliber pistols, basically there was little difference between 22LR, 22Mag, and 32 auto, but the 380 was drastic gain over 32. So for about the same size as a 32 I could get a 380 for a few more ounces of weight. The Kel-Tec P-32 is 6.6oz empty and the P-3AT is 8.3oz. Kel-Tec had the lightest pocket guns or at least damn close. But I wanted a better trigger and sights so I kept looking.

I ended up on the Kahr CW380, it's 10.2oz without magazine and had a great trigger and real sights. The downside with the Kahr is they have a mixed bag on reliability. They also require a 200 round break in, which for me is not an issue. I like to shoot. I also don't mind tinkering with my guns if they need a little polishing here and there to clean up cycling. I picked up my CW380 in late October and have about 300 rounds through it now. It needed the break in and I was getting failures to go into battery quite a bit until about 150 rounds. The slide would almost close but just not enough to fully lock up. A tap on the back of the slide was all that was needed but it was annoying. The feed ramp was already polished but I polished it again, I also did some extractor polishing where the round feed under it when chambering. Since then I have had zero issue. It's a great little gun and I'm glad I went with it. When heading out for a quick run to the store I can just throw it in my pocket and go whether wearing a belt or not. I would rather have the little 380 in my pocket than not grabbing my bigger pistol and going out with out anything and for that matter the P32 is still better than nothing.

Gunner

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    I recently acquired a NAA Guardian in .380...Nice weapon and rock solid...All steel so its a little heavier than the Keltec etc but fits fine in the pocket...I seldom carry in the pocket and when I do its in a DeSantis G3 pocket holster...
    Easy to draw from and light weight...So far, so good

Dimik

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2018
    Mishawaka
    I've been carrying a Beretta Pico in my pocket. In a holster, obviously. I've tried a bunch of different pistols and haven't found any 9mm that I was really happy with. Either the grips were bad for me (small hands, yeah yeah laugh all you want), or reliability wasn't up to snuff. I'm really happy with the Pico. Comfortable to carry, hold, and shoot, good sights, pleasant trigger, manageable recoil.
    Just my 2c.

Tburke798

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    St.John
    Thanks for all your advise, I'm going to stick with my LCP with crap sights for now, I just shot a buddy's new LC9 ? it's the new 9MM LCP and it had very nice sights and shot very well, that might be next? I have the red dot lazer on my LCP which is dead on!

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I think the P238 has the best sights in this micro-.380 category

01111_d2Oip93YrlC_1200x900.jpg

Top Bottom