• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kveldulf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Tippecanoe County
    I'll join the SR9/SR9c people. Great bang for your buck, and right at the price in the thread title. I'm wary of CW9s, however; Kahr has a great reputation, but their CW series has plastic slide rails which aren't metal reinforced. It is a somewhat common problem for the slide rails to wear prematurely.

D.R.SCOTT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Indiana
    The best 9mm is the one you never use because your .45 took care of it on the first shot :rockwoot:

But you can never go wrong with an XD. I got the sub compact, and although its in .40S&W, The realibility and ease of use is top notch.

I dont own a 9mm though, every one I fired left me with a disapointment our military switched from 1911's. So really I have no imput. Im just a hater

slottech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    N.W. IN
    My first pistol is a S&W Sigma 9mm. Got it, then a Blackhawk CQC holster all for under $400. Of course that was 3 years ago. I still carry it alot though 'cause it's lighter than a full size Beretta 92fs. The CQC holster fits up close to my hip and coceals easily in my opinion. It's pretty accurate too.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I went to a few shops and chain stores and handled as many weapons for cc and ended coming back to a Ruger SR9c for many reasons, mag capacity, weight, size, adjustable sites, holsters available, company support as well as many other things including how it fit in my hand. I have nearly 800 rounds through mine and it is flawless, only one FTE with a fully loaded new mag. No FTF's yet. I have also been able to fire at least 8 different manufacturers ammo with no real issues.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Glock 19
    Springfield XD9
    Kahr CW9

Are all great options. As far as which one is best, go to a gun shop hold some, see how they feel in your hand. If you have a buddy who owns any of them or you know of a range that rents any of the above, that would be even better. It's all personal preference when it comes to that.

Bruno8pnk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2010
    If your patient you can find yourself a nice Beretta used, great piece all metal will last you for years.

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    I vote for a used cz 75
    But i also vote for you going to the 1500 and feeling up guns!!!!!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I picked up a police trade in 5906 S & W for $425 in really nice shape. Stainless steel and a good SA/DA shooter. Built to last forever. A little heavier than a composite gun, but I'm happy with it.

RealTree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    Glock 17 police trade in...thousands of rounds through it and never had a problem. Must be something about the Glock because the ammo i was putting through sure was the cheap stuff. Not a good carry gun though.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    I'd buy 3 Hi Points. You know the saying....

"3 Hi Points in the hand, is worth 1 Glock in the bush"

..........now I must get back to my jackalope hunting :tinfoil:

blinky85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Welp, The ol' tax refund got deposited into my account today and I decided to take a stroll over to Big R down in Marion over my lunch... lo and behold the XD 9mm Sub Compact on sale for 419:rockwoot:.... needless to say, I walked out the door an XD 9mm owner... granted I've only been an owner for 7 hours, but I love it. It's currently sitting IWB while I sit and type this and I can hardly notice. Time to hit the range tomorrow! :ar15:

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Welp, The ol' tax refund got deposited into my account today and I decided to take a stroll over to Big R down in Marion over my lunch... lo and behold the XD 9mm Sub Compact on sale for 419:rockwoot:.... needless to say, I walked out the door an XD 9mm owner... granted I've only been an owner for 7 hours, but I love it. It's currently sitting IWB while I sit and type this and I can hardly notice. Time to hit the range tomorrow! :ar15:

Congrats! My brother just picked up that particular model too and likes it, after carrying a full-sized XD for a while.

I don't know your level of experience and don't want to offend you, but it can do no harm if I pass on some safety info to you. This should be common knowledge among gun owners but it's not.

It's best to memorize these:

1. Treat all guns as if they're loaded. For safety's sake, best to assume that no gun is unloaded.....ever.

2. Keep the gun pointed in a safe direction, or down, at all times.

3. Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire. In a stressful real life situation, you'll forget that you have fingers, or where they're at. Form good habits early on.

4. Keep your gun on safe until you're ready to fire. Not all guns have a 'safe' switch....which sorta' falls back to #3. Keep your fingers off the trigger until ready to fire.

5.Be sure of your target and what's behind it. Shooting a silhouette in a window might get your friend killed who was just checking on you after the power went out...or whatever. Or missing a shot at the guy shooting at you in Walmart's parking lot, and Granny takes a hit in the temple.

Top Bottom