Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    A Sig P2022 Pro is a great gun

SigP202240cal2-1.jpg

So is a CZ 85 Combat.

CZ852.jpg

Both can be bought used for less than $400.

The Sig Pro is around $425 new

The CZ 85 Combat is around $525 new

:cool:

viiiupndhead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Auburn
    I would avoid the Taurus 709. If you can give us some idea of your size and how you hope to carry, we may be able to narrow the field. My personal choice (based on specs and budget alone) would be the Ruger SR9c.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I would avoid the Taurus 709. If you can give us some idea of your size and how you hope to carry, we may be able to narrow the field. My personal choice (based on specs and budget alone) would be the Ruger SR9c.

Since you already purchased the subcompact XD 9, I will only comment that I carry the Taurus 709 as an EDC, alternating with a Glock 26. The Taurus is an excellent weapon. I had I bought it used on INGO and had trouble with it. Taurus fixed under the warranty at no charge. Works great. Easy to carry. Accurate.

Enjoy your XD. Be sure to get some good training. H & H offers an excellent course with a great instructor. Avoid purchasing a weapon there, though. Very expensive. Ranger Supply or Tomlinsons in Busco have better prices. And Century 21 in Bluffton.

JMYoder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Plainfield
    Midwest Firearm Exchange (great big blue table) and Plainfield Shooting Supplies were the cheapest at the last 2-1500's. My opinion only. Others price match, some haggle...neither of these two do.

RealTree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    Have to be at the right place at the right time to find a steal of a deal...in my perfect world i would find a G19 for around $400...but truth be told i have been looking for this deal for around a month now.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    If you haven't found something yet, here is my 2 cents worth.
    I bought a BARELY used Glock 26 for $ 400 earlier this winter. Needed extended floor plate for my hand...about 10 bucks. 2 extra mags & ext. floorplates online for about another $ 75.
    If I were to buy today, would probably buy a Ruger SR9c. 10 round mag with ext. floor plate fits me good. 17 round mag also. ZX Guns (Goshen) had 4 last week for $ 399.99 They were at Ft. Wayne last weekend and will be at Indy this weekend. If you want to call to see if they still have any, their # is 574-534-4543.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    If you're still looking, I know that a used Glock would be great. A lot of people are saying the 19 or 26, but for what its worth, the extra half inch of the 17 is easily concealable in an IWB holster in my case; and I'm 6'4", only 175 pounds.

A slightly cheaper option might be a Taurus. I know the Millenium series is small enough for concealed carry, and I have a 24/7 that I can also concealed carry without an issue. People give them a bad rap, but I haven't had an issue with them. My 24/7, my fathers 24/7, my 738, and my PT-22 all work great. Only one i had issues with was slight jamming issues on the PT-22, but its a micro-sized 22 auto, so a break-in period was required. And I had a grip crack when it got dropped, but Taurus has a beautiful lifetime no-questions-asked warranty. Shipped me new grips for free, took about 2 weeks.

Bruno8pnk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2010
    I would find a used Beretta 92FS is a great piece, worth checking out. Make sure the gun fits your hand and trigger finger sets right.

Top Bottom