• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    looks like i just missed that one - but i am still thinking hard even if the vote is clear on glock 19 the sig and the xdm still looks good to me :):

You'll come around. . . . they all do!

(truth be told, those are all great reliable guns. Its the small things that push the Glock over the edge for me)

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I carry a XD-9 and the M&P-9c Both awsome guns. And I would take either over a glock any day. But lets talk about all metal 9mm's. I want a stainless CZ-75

But honestly I think the choices fall as listed
    best metal framed 9mm?
    Sig 226 or other sig variant
    Browning hi-power
    CZ 75b or sp01
    beretta 92fs

Best plastic 9mm choices?
    Glock
    M&P
    XD-9 (#1 in my opinion)

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Wow! you completely forgot the best of the breed... The Smith & Wesson M&P 9 or M&P 9c would be at the top of my list.

mp9coe7.jpg

Last edited:

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    Ok, I have the Glock on your list the Beretta and the P94...... I love the XD never had one.... Ok, if you want a gun that will last for ever and hold good value get the glock, the M9 is a good gun and also fun to shoot...... But, belive it or not, one of my fav guns to shoot and the very first gun I bought the day I turned 21 was the P94, I love to shoot that gun and I have never had a problem with it! I have never had a provblem with the others but I have put a TON of ammo threw that P94. Plus, the price is very good on a P94 for a used one.... Just my 2 cents..... R

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Hk - enough said. My Glock = 4 malfunctions to date. My Hk = 0 malfunctions to date. Do a search for 1,000 round torture test and see how many times that glock didn't cycle properly.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Go with the Glock 19. We can all go round after round in here about the way weapons look but we all know what works.

SigSense

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    Lots of great advice from this forum for you to review. My first over 20 years ago was a Beretta M-9. I chose it because the US military picked it as their sidearm. I read the extensive testing done on this weapon and was very impressed. I also wanted to have a carbon-copy of what I'd carry in the military to familiarize myself with (secretly I wanted to practice/practice/practice in order to get a marksmanship medal). So the US military still uses the M-9 as its sidearm. Having said all that, I LOVE Sigs. I own a 228, a 239 and a 226. All are built like tanks and ultra-reliable. The Beretta has a safety, and the Sigs do NOT. Think of that when you review your choices. Do you need a safety? You can pick up used M-9's and Sig's for $350-$550.

Top Bottom