• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    If you are looking for a self loader military style firearm, $700 is real close to an Arsenal AK or a PTR91G1 .308 at CDDN ($899).

Both of these rifle styles are battle tested and winners. A choice between intermediate or high power cartridge.

Magazines are also plentiful and affordable for each of these choices.

I like the SPRINGFIELD ARMORY SAR 8 308 win. It's a perfect copy of the H & K 91 & it's made in GREECE:twocents:

rideac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    wow so many options. I'm going to have to do a lot more research before i am able to make this decision. I like the prospect of the century arms FAL and the vz2008, but it seems like century arms in general is very hit or miss. As for the garand, I can't seem to find anything within my price range. Does anyone know any good places to look around at? And I've actually almost bought a couple of mosin nagants, but i just haven't done it yet.

Also, does Arsenal Inc make Saiga?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    wow so many options. I'm going to have to do a lot more research before i am able to make this decision. I like the prospect of the century arms FAL and the vz2008, but it seems like century arms in general is very hit or miss. As for the garand, I can't seem to find anything within my price range. Does anyone know any good places to look around at? And I've actually almost bought a couple of mosin nagants, but i just haven't done it yet.

Also, does Arsenal Inc make Saiga?

Best bet on a Garand is through CMP ,you can use your LTCH as your shooting qualification. Plus you can buy your ammo through them. Check out the CMP home page for the descriptions of the different grades Its a plus they ship right to your door or you can go to Ohio and pick it out and bring it home with you

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I would vote thevz2008 7.62x39. I know its not a full power 7.62nato but u said buget. So i found the best in what i thought is best ona buget. I have others but its what kind of range what you are looking for most casses around here is 200 to 300 yard at the most. If i lived out west well maybe i would choose something with more range. So if you are on limited funds than think before you buy.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    If you have you're mind set yugo ak's arn't bad either. Get what you want not what everybody says.

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Pffft! There is no doubt as to what is a good cheap battle rifle. AKs rule the earth. I can provide an encyclopedia series of proof if you need it. The Yugos are a bit longer and heavier but put together a little better than the Wasr's. If you're a big boy get Yugo, If you're a wee lad get the Wasr.

ranjah6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Ak

Highly recommend the ak platform. I would strongly urge you to look at what purpose you see the rifle serving and deciding where to balance accuracy, weight, cost, and terminal performance.

rideac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Highly recommend the ak platform. I would strongly urge you to look at what purpose you see the rifle serving and deciding where to balance accuracy, weight, cost, and terminal performance.

i want the rifle for practice, self defense, fun:ar15:, and for when SHTF hunting and the however likely firefight.

i've been looking at the vz2008's and they look pretty good, but i've been reading a lot of mixed things. anyone have one of these puppies??

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I'm an ak fan, but the only reason that there are so many ak's is that russia sold them to everybody cheap. They are 2nd best 7.62x39 gun out there. The only reason i said that is that i thought they were best until i found the vz2008(vz58)!

rideac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    I'm an ak fan, but the only reason that there are so many ak's is that russia sold them to everybody cheap. They are 2nd best 7.62x39 gun out there. The only reason i said that is that i thought they were best until i found the vz2008(vz58)!

so you own a vz2008 and like it? this is good news. did you buy one around here or did you buy online? what ammo do you prefer?

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    so you own a vz2008 and like it? this is good news. did you buy one around here or did you buy online? what ammo do you prefer?

I have one too. We both have Century VZ 2008s. We both paid under $400 for them. I purchased mine from gunforall.com, but JG sales has them cheaper. You can find them in Terre Haute at Patriot Sporting Arms, when he's not sold out of them. So far I have shot 122gr HP Wolf, 124g FMJBT Golden Tiger, and 122gr FMJ Ulyanosk (I can hardly pronounce that, but I think its you- luh-nosk). All have shot well, but I really like Golden Tiger. 20 rounds rapid fire (under 20 seconds) produced a 3" extreme spread with it at 25yd, open sights. I can hit .5L water bottles with mine out to 80yd open sights, first shot, and I hit a metal flower bucket bout the size o your head at about 110 yd. Its accurate. I would put it up against any other 7.62x39 rifle out there.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I bought mine at a shop in Terre Haute called Patriot Sporting Arms. I know thay are on a back order , but he only deals with a few places. There are other places you could order from and I will help you as much as I can. So if you want to talk to me, pm me with a phone numer. Oh ya silver bear

Top Bottom