• ...and so much more!
  • danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Mrs. Danielocean03 and I watched a lot of KCBS BBQ competition on TV this weekend and are looking for some great Indy BBQ, where should I go?

I've been to Black Diamond on 37, that was pretty good as was GT South's.

Please don't answer with "my backyard" unless it's a legitimate invitation to all INGOers.

Thanks in advance guys, what say you?

:ingo:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    My BBQ pics

Judges BBQ

Big Hoffas

Hickory House, since closed but I think has been reopened under new staff/ name not toooo sure:dunno:

Hank's Briskets

BBQ Heaven

Kings Ribs

and finally

Squealers

and my BBQ:D

smokey bones, GT Souths' is the MC Donald's of BBQ to "me" PLEASE resist going to that slop. OOOOooo might get burned for this one here...lol

I was a BBQ nut for a loooong time I specialize in pork shoulders, short ribs, and Chicken, I took a massive KC BBQ tour and just about hit every BBQ resturant, hole in the ground ,and tasted some of Indy's neighborhood self proclaimed pro's. I love BBQ plain and simple, breakfast, lunch and dinner can be made on my grill and smoker.

I think Im gonna have me some ribs tonight and some smoked chicken thighs with chili oil for desert!!

Last edited:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Take Famous Dave's off any list you are considering. Unless you like to burp up liquid smoke and try not to puke. Maybe we had the Greenwood location on a bad day. Made me feel sick for hours.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    INGO calling Kirk Freeman. Come in, Kirk Freeman. :popcorn:

I'll just leave this here.....

509f161f.jpg

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Have you checked out City Barbeque?
    City BBQ

I have only had their lunch special pulled pork sandwich and it was good. they also have pretty good sides. Fresh cut fries, slaw, greens with pork all were pretty good.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    GT South's is still going to be in contention, but there is still plenty of room at the top of the list for BBQ in Indianapolis, in my opinion.

It ain't BBQ per se, but it you would like to try some excellent smoked meats you ought to wander down to Smoking Goose on Dorman street.

Black Diamond is right down the street from me (and from GT South's), and I also think they are worth a try.

Again, not BBQ, but has anyone tried the Jamaican Jerk joint on South Keystone? I've wondered about that place. There's a King Ribs place right there, too.

I'm still convinced the best BBQ I've had in Indiana was in The Haute, at Big Shoe's...

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    GT South's is still going to be in contention, but there is still plenty of room at the top of the list for BBQ in Indianapolis, in my opinion.

It ain't BBQ per se, but it you would like to try some excellent smoked meats you ought to wander down to Smoking Goose on Dorman street.

Black Diamond is right down the street from me (and from GT South's), and I also think they are worth a try.

Again, not BBQ, but has anyone tried the Jamaican Jerk joint on South Keystone? I've wondered about that place. There's a King Ribs place right there, too.

I'm still convinced the best BBQ I've had in Indiana was in The Haute, at Big Shoe's...

Big Shoe's is good.
    I haven't thought about that place in years. Is it still on East Wabash?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Big Shoe's is good.
    I haven't thought about that place in years. Is it still on East Wabash?

I wish I could confirm, but I haven't had a reason to be in TH for 10 years. The nice old guy that used to run the range right next to the ISU stadium isn't there anymore; RHIT got enough of my money that I feel no need to return for Homecoming; the strippers at 6th Avenue are probably the same ones that were there 10 years ago (and were likely the same ones from 10 years before that); and there's no longer a poker game going on in the back of the Canopy Club. About the only reason I can think of to return would be to go to Csonka's for a beer and a sandwich, train with Jack McVicker, or get some BBQ at Big Shoes.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    King's is OK, for what it is and GT South's is acceptable if you're really hungry. Frankly, I've not found any truly good 'Que in the Indy area. It's all just so-so. Planning a trip to Memphis real soon, where we'll visit Leonard's for some good Memphis style 'Que and then over to Decatur, Alabama for some ribs and pulled pork at the award winning Big Bob Gibson's. That's good 'Que. It really does spoil you.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    King's is OK, for what it is and GT South's is acceptable if you're really hungry. Frankly, I've not found any truly good 'Que in the Indy area. It's all just so-so. Planning a trip to Memphis real soon, where we'll visit Leonard's for some good Memphis style 'Que and then over to Decatur, Alabama for some ribs and pulled pork at the award winning Big Bob Gibson's. That's good 'Que. It really does spoil you.

Don't like the Rendezvous?

Top Bottom