• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Anybody here into playing board/party games with your family? Think games like Scattergories, Taboo, Buzzword, etc.

What are your favorites?

I'm looking for a gift idea.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Apples to Apples.

It's fun for just about any age and you'll laugh until you cry.

Buy it, wrap it, give it for a gift and wait for your "thank you." I've never met anyone who didn't enjoy playing.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    or Quelf. It take a group of people that are willing to have fun. It is insanely quirky with only a very simple set of rules. Anyone can pick it up and play.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Apples to Apples.

It's fun for just about any age and you'll laugh until you cry.

Buy it, wrap it, give it for a gift and wait for your "thank you." I've never met anyone who didn't enjoy playing.

Played that a few times with booze mixed in. Good times were had by all.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I played [Ticket To Ride] and [Sequence] at a recent couples holiday party, both were fun and competitive.

random_eyes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2009
    I've found Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, and Dominion all to be excellent strategy games, playable by either 2,3, or 4 players. (And I think Settlers might have an optional 5th and 6th player expansion). Having one child, the 2 or 3 is desirable, and now she frequently has her friend over, so the 4th player is a great way to engage everyone.

These games are simple once you have the rules down pat (remember how hard Euchre seemed before you played a few rounds?) but it might take a couple botched rounds to figure out the subtleties. So, they require just a bit of patience to study the rules or muddle through, or having someone else teach you how to play (which takes them all of about 30 seconds).

Also, there is a local store in Bloomington and Indianapolis called Game Preserve (The Game Preserve Stores: Hand-picked board games, cards, chess) that seem to be staffed by knowledgable gamers. Any time I've gone in and named a few games I like, they have been able to quickly recommend something that has been a big hit.

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    We've been on a Scrabble kck lately. Bought the deluxe version of the game and the official Scrabble dictionary, totally worth it. Apples to Apples was fun, and we just tried "LOGO" a couple weeks ago, also a fun game, kind of an updated Trivial Pursuit.

61%2B0LW2lwXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Top Bottom