Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    5th Annual Bourbon Classic tickets are on sale:
    2017 Bourbon Classic

You can drive south to Louisville they have an upcoming fest.

Now hold on there Pilgrim...:nono:

There are some very fine IPA's, ya'll just have to be careful about their flavor.

Had you attacked Lambic's instead, well...:buddies:

On a side note I have searched on here and elsewhere about some sort of bourbonfest sometime in March or April that was running about $250 - $400 for VIP access to all events. All I am finding is a fest that has a $60 attendance fee.

Where is the goodun?

Regards,

Doug
    I'm not sure if ther are sold out or not...

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    Bought a 750mil of Woodford Reserve Straight Kentucky Rye Whiskey this evening coming home from work. Whiteys Liquor Store, Hwy. 50, west end of Lawrenceburg. $37

Tried a half shot neat, very good, I like it on ice personally.

Mixed with Canada Dry Ginger Ale, and a slice of lime is my favorite.

I like it. Smooth with very good flavor.

FWIW; they had 1 bottle of Whistle Pig Rye on the shelf, $75. I don’t think so.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Finishing off the bottle of Eagle Rare I picked up at Sam's Club a while back. It was a terrific bargain at $28. Enough so that I am considering another bottle at the reg price of $39. very smooth on the rocks with a warm lingering finish. Not bad as a shot either, though it does have a little mouth burn without the ice to temper it.

This would be my second favorite in the under 50 category, right behind Angel's Envy.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    A couple of nights ago I was sitting on the top floor of the Intercontinental Hotel, looking out over Tokyo Bay, and drinking a "godfather." I'd never had one of those before, but bourbon and amaretto sure did taste pretty darn good!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I know I'm really late to this party but I FINALLY bought my first bottle of Woodford Reserve (Kentucky Straight Bourbon) on the way home from work tonight. I'm off for a sip now...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

And...???:stickpoke:

I'm almost exclusively a beer drinker but like to try the hard stuff every once in a while. I started drinking the Woodford neat but not being accustomed to bourbon started chasing it with some Diet Coke. By the end of the first shot I had become accustomed to the nose and the taste and begin to discern and appreciate the subtle smells and flavors. The following night I took the whole shot neat and enjoyed it a lot. One shot per night is my rule though, taking small sips. Makes me appreciate it more and keeps me out of trouble.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm almost exclusively a beer drinker but like to try the hard stuff every once in a while. I started drinking the Woodford neat but not being accustomed to bourbon started chasing it with some Diet Coke. By the end of the first shot I had become accustomed to the nose and the taste and begin to discern and appreciate the subtle smells and flavors. The following night I took the whole shot neat and enjoyed it a lot. One shot per night is my rule though, taking small sips. Makes me appreciate it more and keeps me out of trouble.

I agree with the limited enjoyment rule. 90% of the time I do two (2) small servings, with three (3) on rare occasions and that is always at home.

I don't think I have any Woodfords, but through tasting have to keep coming back to Jefferson's as a great, smooth, and mellow bourbon.

What was the price range of this Woodford?

Regards,

Doug

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

I agree with the limited enjoyment rule. 90% of the time I do two (2) small servings, with three (3) on rare occasions and that is always at home.

I don't think I have any Woodfords, but through tasting have to keep coming back to Jefferson's as a great, smooth, and mellow bourbon.

What was the price range of this Woodford?

Regards,

Doug

I paid $37 and change for 750ml at Walmart. I think it's no accident the booze is so close to the baby stuff. Works for me.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Haven't posted anything here in awhile. I've become quite fond of Buffalo Trace's bourbon as an every day sip. Under $50 for a half gallon and it's still "Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey". There is certainly better out there but if you go through it like I have been the last year this stuff is tough to beat.

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Evan Williams Single Barrel, very smooth and reasonably priced at around $26 bottle. The bottle I have was barrelled in 2008 and bottled in 2016.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've become quite fond of Buffalo Trace's bourbon as an every day sip. Under $50 for a half gallon and it's still "Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey". There is certainly better out there but if you go through it like I have been the last year this stuff is tough to beat.

I love Buffalo Trace....It's my go to bourbon for a night cap....I know it's probably heresy but I have also taken a shine to Wild Turkey 101 proof as well....It's a nice "flask" bourbon to keep in my woods running bag in case of copperhead bites....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've been tempted to pick up a bottle of the 101. I'm pretty fond of their Rare Breed option.

I've got a bottle of the new release of the DECADES, but have not cracked the seal yet. I've been a fan of the MASTERS KEEP 17 year old bourbon despite the critics panning it. For a widely distributed product I really enjoy their FORGIVEN which is a bourbon/rye blend.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Relaxing & sipping on some Maker's after my son's 1st birthday party cleanup is officially finished.

I decided that the bottle of 10 year old 100 proof Whistle Pig sitting in the cabinet that I scored for $55 was what we were going to toast the event. As many of you know, I am not a rye guy, but man was that smooth. My bottle had a pronounced vanilla flavor and the back sides of the tongue were activated. I was quite impressed with the long finish too!

Top Bottom