• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Damn, and I thought the 1792 Single Barrel Store Pick I got last week was something to look forward to, but full proof? Nice

Honestly I thought about gifting this bottle away at Christmas because I've been disappointed by 1792 several times in the past but I'm really glad I decided to crack the seal on this bottle that I picked tonight on my way home.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Finished the Eagle Rare I was working on and been feeling a little rye bug coming along. Picked up a bottle of Redemption rye a couple months back on clearance, heard good things about it

So far....it's just okay. For $23 okay, for regular retail price.....not sold on it yet

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    This is not what one would expect for a 10 year old burbon. 90 proof, cost about $35. Not nearly as smooth as 10 year should be.
    20171210_122623-1512927944476-M.jpg

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Not a bourbon but I picked up a bottle of South Bend Rye Whiskey. Overall I like the flavor and taste. I don't recall the price but I don't believe I paid more than $35 for it.

jkmonte07

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    Picked up a couple of bottles recently:

1) High West American Prairie, Big Reg special single barrel
    2) Tanner's Creek, another big red special single barrel

I haven't cracked any open, but joining the big red VIP thing is costing me money and building up bottles ;)

The High West American Prairie is a good one. You can pick it up for under $40. You can't go wrong with any of their lineup.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yeah, the Tanner Creek was a special at Big Red. It's an MGP offering that I've never heard of, but some of their stuff is pretty good, and the price was right right for trying out.

oh, and not shown was a bottle of barrel select Blantons I grabbed from Big Red as well. The Blantons, Weller, and High West were all single barrel / barrel selects for Big Red. Like I said earlier, this Big Red VIP thing is costing me money!! lol

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I have a bottle of the antique but haven't opened it yet. I'm a fan off Jefferson's but haven't tried any of the "ocean " line yet.

Watch out for that Weller Antique 107! I cracked it open last night and sipped a glass. She's a HOT one for sure!! I'm still undecided on whether I like it or not. It has pros and cons for me so far.

Jefferson's ocean is probably one of my favorites right now. Not cheap, but good to sip on with ice.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Saw some Bullitt Barrel Proof at a bourbon lotto this past Saturday, I thought it was odd since it's usually a Kentucky release only. Then went to my local Big Red later in the day and saw it on the shelf. It's $59.99 here, $49.99 in Kentucky, looks like they're expanding a bit. I've heard good things about it, still have a batch 1 I haven't opened.

Popped a Baker's 107 tonight, tastes a lot like Knob Creek 100 (Baker's has a longer finish and longer burn) IMO, you can tell they both come from Jim Beam distillery, still like Bookers more but the Baker's is okay

Top Bottom