• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, it's $90 from the distillery, so I'd imagine a $15-20 markup elsewhere would make sense.

It is really good though. We'll probably do a couple bottles a year or so... up there with my Lagavulin 16 and Whistlepig.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yup Angels Envy is over $100 for their regular offerings. Their limited offering bottles require a second mortgage on the home, but are worth it.

The regular bourbon runs $49 - 55 around here, I think the regular rye was around $90 - $100 or so when I last saw the price on a bottle at Big Red. They are currently out though.

CharlieZulu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Fort Worth
    Went to some Kentucky distilleries today.

I was hoping to get a Blanton's in Buffalo Trace, but nope. All of it there, right in front of me... already spoken for.

Not sure who to blame more for them having such a massive shortage... Buffalo Trace or their distributors. Really sucks not being able to get it anywhere.

We were just there a couple of weeks ago. They were bottling Blanton's for the Japanese market when we swung through there. All they were selling at the gift shop was BT, ER and the white dog. You mentioned the different tours there. You're right... the free one was less than stellar. Ran into Harlan Wheatley at the bar-b-q cafe there. Nice guy. Signed our bottles of white dog and recommended taking the hard hat tour.

We did find Blanton's on our way out of town at the Liquor Barn just south of Louisville. Fern Valley Rd. They had both the .750 and .350's. My better half bought the baby Blanton's b/c she thought they were cute. :rolleyes: It's pretty easy to find that, or any of the other BT products for that matter, down here in the D/FW area if you know where/when to go (Total Wine had Blanton's for $52.99 on Wednesday). I would've thought that BT products would have been easier to find there. The lady at Go Big Blue in Lawrenceburg did say that "Buffalo Trace hates Kentucky". She was a trip.

We essentially were hunting stuff we can't get here. The baby Blanton's/white dog were the only BT products we picked up while in KY. Brought back a sh#t-ton of HH BiB! Enough to last until we head back in a couple of months.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Wonder how long before the "1792 Collapsed Rick Edition" comes out. :yesway:

Agreed, and no doubt at double the price of the regular stuff.

I'm not a fan of 1792. Tried their Full Proof (not too bad, but not great). Tried their Sweet Wheat. Tried their regular stuff, etc etc. I'll pass on the "Collapsed" edition and everything else they release too. But that is just me and my taste. I know many that love 1792. One of the great things about bourbon is they make all different types to suit different tastes.

CharlieZulu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Fort Worth
    I'm not a fan of 1792. Tried their Full Proof (not too bad, but not great). Tried their Sweet Wheat. Tried their regular stuff, etc etc. I'll pass on the "Collapsed" edition and everything else they release too. But that is just me and my taste. I know many that love 1792. One of the great things about bourbon is they make all different types to suit different tastes.

Ditto.

Of the Barton products I'd take VOB BiB @ ~$13 over 1792 any day of the week.

Top Bottom