• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thindman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Indy
    One of my favorites is M.B. Roland bourbon in southern Kentucky. It’s a long drive and hard to find elsewhere but good stuff. I’d also give a vote for Four Roses Small Batch.

Hickory

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    Gibson county
    I was wondering how everyone enjoys their whiskey. Straight up, with a little ice, with a little water, straight out of the refrigerator, with a little soft drink. What is the best.
    Hickory

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    On the rocks. Tried an Old Fashioned, didn't like it. Will try a Manhattan one day but I suspect I'll still prefer OTR. Might graduate to Neat one day after I grow some more hair on my chest.:)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    To quote Daniel and Rex - The best whiskey is the whiskey you like to drink, the way you like to drink it. :)

atdDI2f.jpg

Good to see there may be other Tribe members lurking around here.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Wild Turkey Longbranch. If you like Wild Turkey(which I do)you will like this. Little different taste than the regular WT but overall quite nice. Only problem I have is it is almost twice the price of the regular WT and I don't see the extra value.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Meijer has a sale. Picked up a bottle of Basil Hayden in a draw string burlap bag $10 off, Chivas Regal & 2 extra shots $10 off, New Amsterdam vodka $10 off got 2 bottles, Christian Brothers egg nog a few bucks off, Jim Beam reserve in a wood box on sale, Saylor Jerry in a Harley Davidson bottle holder on sale, Jack Daniels single barrel with a Glencairno crystal snifter glass $15 off for $50, and a bottle of green label rye Jack Daniels not on sale but usually have to go to Kentucky to get it.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Had to stack it on the gun safe. I have a black and diamond plate Guardian tool cabinet from Sears the size of a refrigerator that I use for a liquor cabinet. It's full because I've done this a few times especially around the holidays when it goes on sale. I set up a bar in the kitchen when we do a big cookout.

Last edited:

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Meijer has a sale. Picked up a bottle of Basil Hayden in a draw string burlap bag $10 off, Chivas Regal & 2 extra shots $10 off, New Amsterdam vodka $10 off got 2 bottles, Christian Brothers egg nog a few bucks off, Jim Beam reserve in a wood box on sale, Saylor Jerry in a Harley Davidson bottle holder on sale, Jack Daniels single barrel with a Glencairno crystal snifter glass $15 off for $50, and a bottle of green label rye Jack Daniels not on sale but usually have to go to Kentucky to get it.
    When I peruse the liquor aisle at the Meijer in Kokomo, everything always seems to be “on sale“. Is there any trick to know when the price is lower than their normal “on sale“ price? Other than trying to keep track of them all somehow? Is there a subtle difference in the price sticker?

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Daughter and son-in-law live in Michigan. All the bourbon at their Meijer store have a sticker that says they are at the state minimum pricing. Funny thing, prices at our Kokomo Meijer are 10 to 20 percent lower. I guess I would call that a hidden tax on the citizens of Michigan that buy alcohol.

Top Bottom