• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Wild Turkey Longbranch. If you like Wild Turkey(which I do)you will like this. Little different taste than the regular WT but overall quite nice. Only problem I have is it is almost twice the price of the regular WT and I don't see the extra value.

I like it quite a bit........

DsKffVKX4AEVYEn.jpg

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    When I peruse the liquor aisle at the Meijer in Kokomo, everything always seems to be “on sale“. Is there any trick to know when the price is lower than their normal “on sale“ price? Other than trying to keep track of them all somehow? Is there a subtle difference in the price sticker?

I just know I usually pay $40 for Basil and got it for $30, and the vodka was $10 cheaper so I got two because the wife makes the best bloody Mary's so we'll use it. I wasn't looking for a sale. My wife pointed something out and I noticed all the holiday sale prices. And I'm a died in the wool Old #7 and they had the good stuff. Didn't plan on buying anything but she said you work hard, get you something. I think the prices are decent. Sometimes drug stores and liquor stores will have the gift boxes half price after new year's. And the drug store, like Kroger, has a discount for 6 or more. That's when I stock up, half price and a discount.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just grabbed a bottle of the Woodford Reserve Straight Malt Whiskey. Not bad! Very smooth, still a bit of spice, not much alcohol burn even though it's 90+ proof.

Interesting bottle.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Picked up a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel, Barrel Strength Store Pick (Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits of Indiana). Mash bill is OBSF and 118 proof tonight

Debating about cracking into it tonight or not

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    I was kinda deep into the bluegrass state this past Sat. and Sun, taking care of some of the wife's family business. Stopped by the local liquor store to pick up a six pack for the mrs. and just kinda had a wild "Hey you guys ever get any Blanton's?". Storekeep says "Yeah, one right up there", pointing to the top shelf. I now have one for the holidays coming soon, you know when the Republicans kick the **** outa the Dems? Toast be coming.

Just curious, what should I have paid for it. I feel like I paid premium,(over $50), but my local guy ain't been getting any in.

Due to work schedules and blah... blah.... blah.... We decided to have T-day turkey this past Mon. evening. And so... the Blanton's was opened, for the holidays of course.
    Smooth sweet caramel taste to start, w/slight alcohol burn, and a nutty, charred oak aftertaste. Smooth. The wife really likes it, and she is not a hard liquor drinker. And so tonight we are having our second evening this week with an evening refreshment... smooth. Highly recommend, even though it's over the limit of the topic.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    We just returned from a 10 day cruise and the ship had a Bourbon/Whiskey Tasting area. I know nothing about the stuff, but thought of this thread and figured I would take a photo and let you guys determine if they had anything good. Photo didn’t come out as clear as I hoped due to low light, but I know you aficionados will probably be able to tell just from the shape of the bottle.

Attachments

• F1F3EEC6-B339-4A16-9DB5-74EAB8C4D6B6.jpg
      F1F3EEC6-B339-4A16-9DB5-74EAB8C4D6B6.jpg
      112.1 KB · Views: 40

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    If anyone finds Cleveland Christmas Spice whiskey around central Indiana, please alert me. I’ve checked everywhere. Big Red said they would order it and then didn’t. I’m out of options.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    With the help of a friend I was able to get some Barrel Strength Old Ezra, haven't tried it though yet.

Was in Kentucky a few weeks ago and got some more delicious Boone County 12 year, was $49.99 last time I got it, this time was $64.99. But was told by a different liquor store down there when asking if they had it too, was that I was lucky to find it in the first place. Guess that stuff is getting bought almost immediately now

Was finally able to get my first bottle of BTAC at retail....with a Thomas Handy

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    Has anyone seen any Blanton's or Wellers 12 year anywhere in southern or southeast Indiana, or northern Ky? Sure would like to find a bottle of either, or both if possible.

btw: the New Riff looks inviting, I'll pick one up if I see one.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    I just picked up a bottle of Basil Hayden's for my father in law today for $30.99 which is the cheapest I have ever seen it. If I hadn't grabbed two other bottles on Friday I would have gotten a second for myself.

Top Bottom