• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    OK I have no clue about the price of this bottle. Might be under $50, might be over $150. It was a gift. It was exported from Scotland to Ukraine and brought through Vienna to Boston to Chicago and ultimately to me.

I have a Russian Saber fencer that I coach. She is a double gold medal winner for the Team Saber event in Russia, ranked #7 in Russia for individual Saber fencing. I met her in August and have been coaching her pretty much since that time. We've traveled to both coasts and around the midwest together. Have a blast together, she has become my daughter's friend and my wife refers to her as our daughter.

Today she showed up at practice with some gifts. I haven't seen her for about 10 days because she went away on her spring break. My gift is a bottle of Gordon & MacPhail Single Malt Scotch Whisky with a bourbon taste profile. WOW its good. I'm not big fan of Scotch since I really prefer Bourbon but this has a Bourbon profile to the taste and its amazing.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    So I stopped by Binny's in Chicago. What an awesome store. Picked up a 375ml bottle of Blind Tiger because it was made in Chicago, and also got a bottle of Legent which has had some excellent reviews on a couple Facebook groups I'm on. There was also an Aston Martin Vanquish in the parking lot I drooled over on the way in.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Had some Jim Beam Repeal Batch at a local watering hole a few days ago. It was new, so I wanted to try it. I found it notably better than regular Beam with a fuller, but smooth flavor. It's non-chill filtered and that is the claimed difference. If I find some at the liquor store and it is priced comparably with the other "special" Beam varieties, I will probably pick up a bottle. :twocents:

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I picked up a couple bottles of JB Repeal batch at Meijer last fall. I think it was $21.99/bottle. Meijer usually has great sale prices in November and December. I like the double oak and black better. Also have a bottle of devil's cut that I haven't opened yet.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I picked up a couple bottles of JB Repeal batch at Meijer last fall. I think it was $21.99/bottle. Meijer usually has great sale prices in November and December. I like the double oak and black better. Also have a bottle of devil's cut that I haven't opened yet.

I've had double oak and devil's cut and to me they were very similar, YMMV. It's been a while since I had those, but I think I prefer the Repeal Batch. For $21.99 I would be a buyer, thanks for the tip!

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Haven't tried the Repeal Batch or the Devil's Cut yet. Double Oak is good, but the second barrel gives more of the oak overtones than the Black. I prefer the Black just slightly over the Double Oak.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Came out to Kansas to kill a few turkeys. I didn't bring bourbon with me so we had to hit a local joint, glad we did.

ECEqSjGh.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I read a little about the differences between bourbon and Tennessee Whiskey so I thought I'd try one last night. Not sure what to think of it. I tried a George Dickel on the rocks.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I read a little about the differences between bourbon and Tennessee Whiskey so I thought I'd try one last night. Not sure what to think of it. I tried a George Dickel on the rocks.
    Which Dickel did you try the #8 or the #12? I find a big difference between the two and prefer the #8.
    I've been trying different Rye whiskeys lately and have a bottle of Russell Reserve Straight Rye at the moment. Man is it smooth.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Which Dickel did you try the #8 or the #12? I find a big difference between the two and prefer the #8.
    I've been trying different Rye whiskeys lately and have a bottle of Russell Reserve Straight Rye at the moment. Man is it smooth.

Not sure. I can't recall if the drink menu noted which number.

Top Bottom