• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I'm a free market guy, that said, not sure why the distilleries are not selling it at market prices. Why would a distiller do an msrp of $29.99 when it sells for $100 on the gray market? I should be able to go buy a bottle of Pappy today in Indy if I have the market value money, but can't because of allocation. The distribution system is controlled by the state government and doesn't work well for scarce items...

I don't think it's the distillers jacking up the prices. Probably happens in the stores.

I was in a store trying to buy a bottle of Blanton's. Guy said, you're in luck, we just got a case. I said, how much? He said $100. So MSPR is like $60 or something, but I get how it works. He said it's at our other location. I asked him to call the other store and verify they have it. He calls, the owner says no Blanton's in stock. He says, it's right here in the computer that we have a case in inventory. Owner gets all pi$$y with him, THERE IS NO BLANTON'S!!! The guy felt bad, apologized for getting my hopes up. Said the boss would probably be selling it online for well over the $100 he felt comfortable asking for in the store.

I guess there's a limit robbing people face to face, but online, anything goes.;)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't think it's the distillers jacking up the prices. Probably happens in the stores.

I was in a store trying to buy a bottle of Blanton's. Guy said, you're in luck, we just got a case. I said, how much? He said $100. So MSPR is like $60 or something, but I get how it works. He said it's at our other location. I asked him to call the other store and verify they have it. He calls, the owner says no Blanton's in stock. He says, it's right here in the computer that we have a case in inventory. Owner gets all pi$$y with him, THERE IS NO BLANTON'S!!! The guy felt bad, apologized for getting my hopes up. Said the boss would probably be selling it online for well over the $100 he felt comfortable asking for in the store.

I guess there's a limit robbing people face to face, but online, anything goes.;)

I clearly did not articulate my point. To use your example if Blantons MSRP is $60 and the market value online is $150 Blantons MSRP should be $150. If that is not enough raise it to meet the market. If Sazerac wanted to be magnanimous they could even donate the excess to charity but it would at least even the purchasing playing field and give more people a chance.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    My find for the day. Hope it's decent.
    73UBCKfh.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Beginning this November, six varieties of whiskey will be sent to stores, bars, and restaurants by the Old Rip Van Winkle Distillery—which since 2002 has been a joint venture with the Buffalo Trace Distillery in Franklin County, Kentucky. In order of price, the releases will be Old Rip Van Winkle Handmade Bourbon 10 Year Old 107 Proof ($69.99), Old Rip Van Winkle Special Reserve Bourbon 12 Year Old ($79.99), Old Rip Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye 13 Year Old ($119.99), Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Bourbon 15 Year Old ($119.99), Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Bourbon 20 Year Old ($199.99), and Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Bourbon 23 Year Old ($299.90).

MSRP for Van Winkle whiskey's for 2019.....

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Beginning this November, six varieties of whiskey will be sent to stores, bars, and restaurants by the Old Rip Van Winkle Distillery—which since 2002 has been a joint venture with the Buffalo Trace Distillery in Franklin County, Kentucky. In order of price, the releases will be Old Rip Van Winkle Handmade Bourbon 10 Year Old 107 Proof ($69.99), Old Rip Van Winkle Special Reserve Bourbon 12 Year Old ($79.99), Old Rip Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye 13 Year Old ($119.99), Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Bourbon 15 Year Old ($119.99), Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Bourbon 20 Year Old ($199.99), and Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Bourbon 23 Year Old ($299.90).

MSRP for Van Winkle whiskey's for 2019.....

I'd buy one of everything except the 15yr (already have one) if I could buy it at MSRP.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Moving my kid from st Louis to Kansas City today. Took 5 hours to make it halfway. Stopped in Columbia and got a hotel room. Dug through the uhaul to find the bottle my kid bought me for Christmas. Burning Chair Bourbon. Right at $50. Distilled in Indiana, finished in California. It's outstanding. Like, I like it better than Blanton's and Jefferson Aged at Sea outstanding.
    10e901eff53c454cb4ce5844300a719f.jpg
    57cc0a5fb559ca2248c731aac4c117d0.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Just picked this up. Its got some heat.

Attachments

• B9422F82-7954-4600-A37C-CDD40FE7A272.jpg
      B9422F82-7954-4600-A37C-CDD40FE7A272.jpg
      114 KB · Views: 15

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Just picked this up. Its got some heat.
    I like that one also. Also the wheated version is great. Both mine are store picks.

For you Indy guys or if you are just passing through, do yourself a favor and take a trip down to the Rural Inn. Its truly Indy's Bourbon Honey hole. The owner and his son are good knowledgeable people who will help you out. His store picks are some of the best I've ever had.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I like that one also. Also the wheated version is great. Both mine are store picks.

For you Indy guys or if you are just passing through, do yourself a favor and take a trip down to the Rural Inn. Its truly Indy's Bourbon Honey hole. The owner and his son are good knowledgeable people who will help you out. His store picks are some of the best I've ever had.

Looks to be a few homicides in that neighborhood this year.

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/crime/map-2019-indianapolis-homicides

Top Bottom