• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I haven't but I'm interested. I quit buying them after voyage like 10 or 11. They just came out way faster than I can drink them.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I'm not very experienced in the bourbon world, but I am quite partial to Bear Wallow Distillery's Gnaw Bone bourbon (near Brown County state park / Nashville, IN). Right around $50/750mL. I would describe it as having bite but not harsh. I bring a fifth of their Liar's Bench rye for my brother back home once a year or so.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Sorry to go off topic, but does anybody know anything about gin? I need a nice bottle for a retirement gift.

Willing to spend up to $100, which should probably buy the gin equivalent of Pappy Van Winkle. :laugh:

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    Sorry to go off topic, but does anybody know anything about gin? I need a nice bottle for a retirement gift.

Willing to spend up to $100, which should probably buy the gin equivalent of Pappy Van Winkle. :laugh:

Well DAMN now your in my wheel house.

Gin is funny because it depends on what you are looking for.

They can range from very citrusy, to very piney (juniper), to very floral, and some have an anise flavor......due to all the different :poop: that is added in during the process there is a HUGE host of different flavors.

A good safe bet that is well balanced on all the notes would be Hendrick's. Truth be told though...COSTCO gin is actually quite nice.

Please don't buy a gin from a local whisky distillery. Whisky and gin take two different kinds of stills and every gin I have gotten from a local whisky shop tasted like corn.

"equivalent of Pappy Van Winkle" yes gin is not as spendy as bourbon but that is easy to explain.....gin drinkers aint got the patience to wait for their hooch to age!

Just my :twocents:...now I will go back and sit in the corner because I don't know :poop: about bourbon.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    ***over $50***
    Anyone try Voyage 20 yet?
    Wife got me a bottle for our anniversary last week. I've had a couple shots, and I like it. Unfortunately I had some health issues last year and had to stop drinking for awhile. Better now so starting up again. Which means my palate isn't accustomed to the variations of bourbon yet. Makes it a little difficult to really assess it. My favorite pre-sickness bourbon was Angel's Envy, so I should get a bottle of that to have something to compare

Dave

TitanUp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2020
    Carmel
    It’s hard to beat Old Forester 100 as a cheap everyday drinker it’s great best/on the rocks and cheap enough you’re not worried to throw it in a cocktail.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    It’s hard to beat Old Forester 100 as a cheap everyday drinker it’s great best/on the rocks and cheap enough you’re not worried to throw it in a cocktail.
    A coworker got me some top shelf Old Forester 1910 and is excellent.

I am a fan of Jim Beam small batches but never hesitate to by a handle of the original Jim Beam for drinking’ and mixin’. I am sure the regular Old Forester is good too.

Top Bottom