• Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Up by Kokomo Grain and Kokomo Speedway.
    N. Davis road and courtland. It runs into SR35 if you are heading north out of town toward Galveston.
    Okay. The wife's family was good friends of the Kokomo Grain owners for years, so I know where that is. Thanks.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    was Bud's sandwich shop in Bloomington that closed over 15 years ago and have never had a loin like that since then.....

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Mrs Glueman lived on the Westside of Indy right out of College. She said there was a place called The Big Oink near Crawfordsville that had a good Breaded Tenderloin.

Anybody ever heard of it? Is it still open?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    For a major chain, Culver's has an acceptable one, but while a very good sandwich, still nowhere near a real tenderloin.
    A better restaurant tenderloin is at the Chocolate Moose, not a furlong from home for me.

Of course, there can be only one tenderloin for me that stands head, shoulders, and belt buckle over all others, homemade, using the recipe that Dad used for decades feeding mom and all three boys growing up on scores of occasions.
    Go to Kroger, purchase cryo-packed boneless pork loin, take home, remove excess fatty material that comes off freely, slice across the train in slices about 3/4" thick, give both sides a decent full coverage clobbering with the coarse-toothed side of the mallet, dip each newly tenderized slice fully in whole eggs mixed with lots of pepper, hold the slice just above the egg bowl long enough to allow excess egg to stop dripping, then place in a bread bag with finely crushed Ritz or Town House cracker crumbs with enough pepper added to the crumbs to make the whole mix a more or less uniform light gray and shake until the tenderloin slice is fully coated.
    After all that pre-treatment, place on a skillet pre-heated to 375 degrees with the entire surface lightly coated with canola or corn oil.
    Eat on a large size Aunt Millie's whole wheat bun with a big slice of tomato (or two), Romaine lettuce, and Hellman's mayonnaise.
    Applesauce goes very well with this on the plate.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Please understand that list got it wrong. The Mug in Greenfield is decent...but the 50yr tradition that is the Jim Dandy wet tenderloin? Hands down Jim Dandy wins every time

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Stable's on the SE side of Indy had the best tenderloin I have ever tried but is now closed. The White Horse Café in Rockville had one that put the GIANT in giant tenderloin but I'm pretty sure they are closed as well. The Tie Die Grill in Indy has the best one I've had recently.

In southern Indiana Pappa's in Bedford, the Schnitzelbank in Jasper (the Jaeger Schnitzel is good too), and the Marathon in French Lick all have pretty good tenderloin.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I can't believe we used to eat this and some people called them tenderloins:

product_images.png

When i was younger, Hap's in Logansport used to have good tenderloins.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't remember the name of the place (maybe Birds Away will know?), but there used to be a little place on 43 north of Lafayette, right on the river, that had dinner plate sized tenderloins. They even had special buns that were at least 8" across to accommodate them. Good stuff! I'll add another vote for Tie Dye in Indy too, although I always got mine grilled instead of breaded.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I can't believe we used to eat this and some people called them tenderloins:

product_images.png

When i was younger, Hap's in Logansport used to have good tenderloins.

People that advertise a breaded tenderloin and only have a fritter should be beaten severely in my opinion!!!

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    If you are ever near Bedford, Holts in Judah has an OUTSTANDING tenderloin.
    Turn east on Old 37 and drive for a couple of miles to get there.
    It's about the size of a dinner plate and just delicious.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Rocks Concessions a food trailer at many festivals around the Grant county area... maybe its just the festival mood I miss since its cold and snowy... MEH

Top Bottom