• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I shoulda asked this group first! You all steered me straight up in Hammond!

I am taking a VP from BF Goodrich to dinner in Evansville on Friday night. I have NO IDEA what a good restaurant would be. Something not too casual, but still blue jeans and polo shirts acceptable. Has to pass my wife's scrutiny too (tall order, I know!).

I need to let the VP know tomorrow where we will meet. So, what is the BEST local eatery down that way?

zombiekilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    Mt. Vernon
    Cork and Cleaver...way better than haub's, or if you want a local "tradition" you could go to Turoni's or Gerst Haus!! Turoni's is all about thin crust pizza and the Gerst has KILLER german cuisin!

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Well, it's been a while since I've been in E'ville but...Cork & Cleaver used to be pretty darn good. Another one was My Brothers Place. Don't know if Jack still has it open, but they had really good food at decent prices.

zombiekilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    Mt. Vernon
    Dogtown closed last year and auctioned off all the stuff inside. Toward the end the food stunk and service was lame. Susie Carr (the owner) and her son(the guy that ran it) got into an argument about the business and she closed it down. But we still have the Hilltop! They have good fiddlers and great brain sandwhiches

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Closed

We dont have that.

Dogtown closed last year and auctioned off all the stuff inside. Toward the end the food stunk and service was lame. Susie Carr (the owner) and her son(the guy that ran it) got into an argument about the business and she closed it down. But we still have the Hilltop! They have good fiddlers and great brain sandwhiches
    Well crap!!!
    See if I go there next time I'm in E/ville. :(

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I don't think I have ever eaten at your place.
    You should. Its great food. Guess we can plan a meet and eat there

BTW I could care less if you didn't recommend it. The less work I do before I get out of there the better

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Question, OP: do you want a restaurant to "show off" with, or do you want good food?

Plenty of "hole in the wall" places that aren't much to look at...

Then there are some nicer restaurants that you can choose from that maybe the VP would be more comfortable in?

Sadly, I no longer know any places in Evansville besides the chains. I graduated in 2001 and after 10 years, my memories have waned. :-(

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think some of you missed the "not too casual" part! While I love me some 5 Guys Burgers, that's not exactly a "business dinner"!

I'd be all over the Gerst Haus, but my wife shot down the German food idea. Maybe another time.

So, other than the usual chain restaurants, is sounds like the only "nice" local place is the Cork or maybe the Haub House? What am I missing?

Top Bottom