• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bds792

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Bloomfield
    CLP is great. I also use RemDry, which is a Teflon spray, if I don't want to attract grit in hard to clean areas like trigger assemblies in my shotguns.

danbb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Cedar Lake
    For anything that I don't want to attract grit, I just use graphite. Everything else, tranny fluid lasts a good long time, although its got a different smell to it. Probably wouldn't use it on an expensive gun though

sweddle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    CLP. I used it even before I went to work for them. It is by far the best. We bottle it in my Jacksonville, FL plant. Yep, I'm kind of proud of that!

Andrew72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Hamilton Co.
    Hey everyone! Super newbie here, please warn before pistol whippin... I have been using Remoil and Remclean for a few years now and love them both. Being able to buy such a large can in aerosol form is great! They last and are capable of forcing oil/solvent into the hardest places to clean. I highly recommend trying them both.

10-96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Hoppes 9 - Used for years w/o any problems. I also use Hoppes powder solvent.
    The smell isn't bad either.

model60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    WD 40 as protectorate, RemOil for lube on moving parts, but trying a new (for me) S&W oil...so far no like

Loc n load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Red death

Having been posted several times as an instructor/armorer where we had to issue, maintain, instruct and repair hundreds of firearms that included a half dozen different brands of hgns, Sgns, automatic wpns, rifles and other ordnance, the matter of lube becomes one of volume / cost. We used to mix ours up in gallon jugs, most of it was ATF, some Hoppes, some mystery oil, and whatever else we were in the mood for. We called it "red death".used it for years and they still use it....anymore I just use ATF, cut with a bit of Hoppes.....works just fine.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    What little oil that I use, I use Prolong Multi-ourpose. Yes, the Oil is for your trucks engine, but it works great in firearms too. Better than 3 in1 IMO.

jjohnisme

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Does anyone use Hoppes? Seems to be the standard offered at nearly all LGS. Is it inadequate? Is that the reason everyone is looking for something better?

It's more of a solvent, unless you're talking about one of their specialty products. It also smells the best!

Top Bottom