• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Based on your criteria, i would probably go with the takedown 10/22. In regards to the 300yds distance, i guess you would have to get in a little closer with the .22. Magazines and ammo are extremely cheap and light to carry large amounts of ammunition. If i had to pick one rifle for myself not based on your original criteria, it would be the AR15. But i figured id play the game :-)

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I Believe you are onto something there. I would hang with you too anytime because when all game is gone which will take about a week we will have to take from the bad guys that's why I want to be with the guy that has the real weapon

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    CETME .jpg

A G3 design would be pretty good for this. 308, dirt cheap magazines, the roller locked blowback is very violent and ultra-reliable. Not super accurate but you had a 300 yard range

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I still don't understand why no AK or AR. Those are 2 of the most common long arms in the US to be used i SHTF. They are proven combat weapons, very versatile and can be very modern and for under 1000, you can get a lot of bang for your buck

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    FN FAL! Maybe a 16" para version. all day every day! downside is that its heavy and only holds twenty rounds at a time. up side is that its chambered in a surplus nato round and can kill anything on our continent. Ive always said a .22lr rifle of handgun would be ideal due to the ability to carry gobs or rounds and its quite lethal when shot placement consideration is taken.

Top Bottom