• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • afdfirefighter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    That is right around the budget probably. Lot of guys saying under $500 gets you a nice one. Just curious what those are.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Aero Precision. As mentioned earlier, it is actually measurably better than the others. If you don't have the money for a Colt 6920, buy the Aero.

Anyone saying a Smith, Mossberg, DPMS, Ruger, etc... cheaptastic AR is better is mis-informed.

The Aero comes with a Ballistic Advantage barrel and a mil-spec BCG. That is a heck of a lot more than any of the other budget AR's can say.

What is the recommended budget buy then?

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Aero Precision. As mentioned earlier, it is actually measurably better than the others. If you don't have the money for a Colt 6920, buy the Aero.

Anyone saying a Smith, Mossberg, DPMS, Ruger, etc... cheaptastic AR is better is mis-informed.

The Aero comes with a Ballistic Advantage barrel and a mil-spec BCG. That is a heck of a lot more than any of the other budget AR's can say.

Where is it on the shelf? Please post the prices.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It's their money to flush down the toilet. We're all adults and if that's their choice, that's their choice and it affects me none. But there is no arguing that the Aero Precision is measurably (I'm not just speaking as some guy that has one and thinks it's great, this rifle actually has better components than the other competitively priced options) better than the other options. If your budget it around $600, the Aero is the way to go.

It isn't on the shelf. A lot of guys don't want to buy online. They aren't all like us. If I talk to ten new guys about AR's maybe one will buy some parts online. The rest want to go to a store and buy.

afdfirefighter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    I didn't say I wouldn't buy online. When I said off the shelf i merely meant purchase new. I don't care if that self is at a local shop or a website. A purchase is a purchase to me. I buy all the time online.
    It's their money to flush down the toilet. We're all adults and if that's their choice, that's their choice and it affects me none. But there is no arguing that the Aero Precision is measurably (I'm not just speaking as some guy that has one and thinks it's great, this rifle actually has better components than the other competitively priced options) better than the other options. If your budget it around $600, the Aero is the way to go.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Also, if you're near a Point Blank store/range, they're having an "AR Event" this weekend. Good prices on rifles that seedubs hates.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    I've been seeing all kinds of deals as of late. A couple months ago rural king had delton echos for about 350, psa always has good deals on kits, parts, complete rifles, and complete uppers and lowers. It's a buyers market as far as ars are concerned. I just wish ammo prices would nose dive like the ar market did.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Bumping this up. I'm planning to buy an M&P Sport 2 soon. These prices are the lowest ever and I have to see how these perform for myself.

Just as a heads up, I've heard some of the recent ones have had issues with the barrel causing key-holing. S&W will take care of it under warranty if it's an issue, but as I've been a proponent of these guns in the past I figured I'd pass it along. It's tough to say no at the prices they are going for, just be aware of the potential issue.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Just as a heads up, I've heard some of the recent ones have had issues with the barrel causing key-holing. S&W will take care of it under warranty if it's an issue, but as I've been a proponent of these guns in the past I figured I'd pass it along. It's tough to say no at the prices they are going for, just be aware of the potential issue.

Interesting. I hadn't heard anything but INGO is the only gun forum I use.

Thank you

Top Bottom