• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    For anyone else following this thread thinking they need a mid-life crisis car...

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/6183413871.html

A buddy's dad had some knee surgery so needs to part with this beauty!

I know a lawyer whose dad bought a 66 Cobra (may have been 68) new off the Ed Martin show room floor. He only put 3600 miles on it before putting it on jack stands in his garage. When he passed he had put it in his will and left it to his then 9yo grandson. That was @ 16 yrs ago and the car had appraised in the neighborhood of 120k back then.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I know a lawyer whose dad bought a 66 Cobra (may have been 68) new off the Ed Martin show room floor. He only put 3600 miles on it before putting it on jack stands in his garage. When he passed he had put it in his will and left it to his then 9yo grandson. That was @ 16 yrs ago and the car had appraised in the neighborhood of 120k back then.

Chump change. A Viet Nam veteran purchased a 1967 Corvette 435 horse 4 speed car new in 1967 when he returned home. He put 5,000 miles (I think) on it and kept a journal every time he started it, how high he reved the engine, meticulous to the nth degree. Put it up on stands in 1968. The car just sold at Mecum's auction in Indianapolis for $675,000 ! Not quite a Ford I guess, but still a pretty nice car ! :):

Top Bottom