• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I put a SBA3 on a Thompson Contender .44 mag. for a backpacking/hunting trip and it is awesome.

I know the recoil on the 22 will not be an issue but the thin blade on a .44 with a 8" barrel is painful.

The fact that you can adjust the length of pull makes it far superior especially if you are using a standard scope. With a standard scope your eye relief is the same as a rifle.:twocents:

yypljoS.jpg

$99.00 with free shipping.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/10/sba3-pistol-stabilizing-brace-5-position/#axzz5fPXEXMis

Last edited:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Do any of you actually strap that thing on your arm?
    Since we can shoulder the braces now, i found the velcro strap obsolete and the two "flaps" unnecessary. Dont get me wrong because i can completely understand why someone would like it...and that's the beauty of having choices.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Since we can shoulder the braces now, i found the velcro strap obsolete and the two "flaps" unnecessary. Dont get me wrong because i can completely understand why someone would like it...and that's the beauty of having choices.

Soooo the velcro strap and split back is to strap it to your arm?:dunno::laugh:

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    I've got a Gear Head Works Tailhook on my CZ Scorpion and it's a phenomenal brace however I'm not sure of it's compatibility with a Ruger Charger. Give it a look and see if it'll work for you.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

What's funny is that the SBA3 doesn't fit over my forearm as designed, and I have average sized arms. The strap is there only to fulfill a legal requirement. I find the SBA3 to be far more comfortable than a GI style M4 stock. And if you're putting it on anything bigger than a .22, I would suggest not using the KAK blade. Very painful on a 11.5" 5.56.

ogtruckin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 10, 2017
    Vault 76
    What's funny is that the SBA3 doesn't fit over my forearm as designed, and I have average sized arms. The strap is there only to fulfill a legal requirement. I find the SBA3 to be far more comfortable than a GI style M4 stock. And if you're putting it on anything bigger than a .22, I would suggest not using the KAK blade. Very painful on a 11.5" 5.56.
    try using the kak on a 300 blackout. One range trip and i understood why it was called the blade.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

It ain't puppy dog kisses, but it's not terrible. I wouldn't want to fire 500 rounds in a row that way, but for moderate use it's tolerable.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    The most important thing is to not remove any pieces or modify the brace.

Unless you're independently billionaire and want to be the test case to loosen things up for us (go you!)

And there was a time when we could shoulder braces. Then we couldn't. Now we can again. Just a reminder not to take it for granted...

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Shockwave blade on an ar folding buffer tube. Legal as long as you don't shoulder it. The tube hinge would have to be fitted. Just a thought for an sbr that doesn't need a stamp.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    The most important thing is to not remove any pieces or modify the brace.

Unless you're independently billionaire and want to be the test case to loosen things up for us (go you!)

And there was a time when we could shoulder braces. Then we couldn't. Now we can again. Just a reminder not to take it for granted...

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

I don't own a sig brace, I use the shockwave blade

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I didn't know you can shoulder them. The letter in the brace says not to. If I shoulder it at the range, will I be facing numerous felony charges or should I say 'I know my rights.'.

Top Bottom