• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedgelb986S

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Brownsburg
    Second the LCR. Great little shooter. It's a little heavy on recoil with +P loads but can easily be concealed in your pocket.

One more vote for the LCR here. I've owned two "pocket" semi autos (an AMT Backup .380 DAO and a Kahr PM9) and two "pocket" revolvers (a .357 J-Frame and my LCR), and between those four, the LCR is the best combination of light weight, reliability, and accuracy.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I like my P64 in 9mm mak.
    It is an all steel surplus military/police pistol and are fairly easy to come by for 300$ or less

I have never had a malf in a couple of hundred rounds
    It is as small as a PPK and designed after it so the action is pretty much the same.

PPK holsters fit the thing, so holsters arent a problem and it tucks away really nicely. Size is nice for Pocket carry, but I prefer IWB.

The only issue I have is the sights are miniscule, but I practice point shooting with it so its not a deal breaker for me.

Johnny C

RspecZX6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Shelbyville, IN
    Brand: Kel-Tec
    Make: P3AT
    Caliber: .380, 6+1
    Type: Semi-auto
    Cost: $225 (used)
    Reason you carry/like it: It's tiny and it's light. Mine feeds 90gr Federal Hydra-Shoks like a champ and is unbelievably accurate.
    Link to the manufactures web page for that gun: Kel Tec CNC
    Available Holsters/Add-ons: Numerous holsters and belt clips, mag extensions, and a .22 conversion kit almost ready for beta release (I'm on the list for inclusion as a field tester)
    How you carry: Right hip pocket, C1

Can I just add +1 for this? :dunno:

Here is my P3AT
    myp3at_zps415fb508.jpg

sben763

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    S&W bodyguard 380, Ruger LCP. I am currently looking to check out a Kimber Solo. Almost all the 9mm are too big to be considered a pocket gun. My Ruger LC9 sticks out the top of my pocket.

If anyone has a suggestion for a true pocket carry 9mm. I have bought several 9mm with the intentions on being a pocket carry but seems I always go back to the bodyguard or the LCP due to size.

RspecZX6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Shelbyville, IN
    S&W bodyguard 380, Ruger LCP. I am currently looking to check out a Kimber Solo. Almost all the 9mm are too big to be considered a pocket gun. My Ruger LC9 sticks out the top of my pocket.

If anyone has a suggestion for a true pocket carry 9mm. I have bought several 9mm with the intentions on being a pocket carry but seems I always go back to the bodyguard or the LCP due to size.

The Diamondback DB9 is TINY. I wanted one, but just didnt have the funds.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012

I think the Kahr PM9/CM9 are the smallest 9MMs but I could be wrong.

sben763

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Thanks I will check out both. How is the Diamondback for quality and reliability. I know Karh are quality guns.
    I do tend to carry my bodyguard over the LCP due to if the gun doesn't fire the Smith&Wesson you can just pull the trigger again where as the Ruger LCP has to be cycled. I have had both guns not fire. The smith has always fired on the second trigger pull where as the Ruger I wouldn't know as I had the cycle ejecting the shell. So this will also be a consideration of a purchase of a new pocket gun.

Any other suggestions. Thanks.

sben763

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    I just looked up the Diamondback (5.6" overall). Karh also( 5.6" overall). The Rohrbaugh is (5.2" overall). It appears the Boberg XR9 (5.1" overall) is the smallest but an inch taller than the Rohrbaugh but I have never even handled a Boberg. Anyone have experience with this handgun or the brand. A little pricey at @ $949 MSRP but price isn't my #1 concern.

I just checked out the Boberg website. This is the only gun they make. They are +P rated. Only sold through the manufacture unless buying used as of sept 2012. I am now leaning toward this gun.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I like my P64 in 9mm mak.
    It is an all steel surplus military/police pistol and are fairly easy to come by for 300$ or less

I have never had a malf in a couple of hundred rounds
    It is as small as a PPK and designed after it so the action is pretty much the same.

PPK holsters fit the thing, so holsters arent a problem and it tucks away really nicely. Size is nice for Pocket carry, but I prefer IWB.

The only issue I have is the sights are miniscule, but I practice point shooting with it so its not a deal breaker for me.

Johnny C

I had a P64 for a long time. It spent a lot of time in my pocket. I never had a malfunction and it was surprisingly accurate for such a short sight radius. I regret selling mine.

sben763

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    I have a .40 shield but don't consider it a pocket carry. It is a great concealed carry for inside the pants though.

Hiserman79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Madison
    Kel tec either .380 or 9mm true "pocket gun" goes bang when you pull the trigger and low cost so if it gets banged around occasional scratch in the pocket no worries

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    How is the Diamondback for quality and reliability..

I have heard reports of the Diamondbacks failing after a few hundred rounds down the pipe. They are also not rated for +P ammo. I was seriously considering the DB9, but after reading several bad reviews I decided on the Kahr CM9 and have been thoroughly pleased.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    P238 is my 'pocket' gun and EDC. The LCP in my opinion has too long of a trigger pull, I would assume the LC9 feels the same (havent had a chance to shoot one of those yet though).

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I'll just place my vote for a Diamondback DB380. I've been carrying this one with Trijicon night sights.

I've fired several hundred rounds through it and am very happy with its performance:

DB380.jpg

Top Bottom