• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I picked up an LCP just so that if my "big" gun (XDS) was ever too bulky, i'd never have an excuse to not have something on me. Never a hiccup! I like it more than I really like to admit. It goes everywhere with me! I'd like to pick up a little kel-tec to play with as well. If you get tempted with an "IO Inc Hellcat", read some reviews first. (I dont mean they are terrible)

jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    Ruger
    LCP
    380 Auto
    Semi
    $289.99
    Reason I carry - Light weight, small, easy to carry, fits front pocket perfect
    How I carry - Right Front pocket in pocket holster

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I like my TCP, LCP and my P238, but you said you had and LCP and got rid of it and wanted either a .22 or a 9mm. I hear way my good than bad about the Kahr CM9. I started looking for one because a lot of guys say the .380 doesn't have what it takes to do the job right. Problem is, everywhere I've looked, they are all sold out. Was in Meijers today and the ammo case was completely empty. If you have something now you better hold onto it until this craziness ends, if it ever does.

tpntch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    I carry a Smith & Wesson 642 - Snub Nose .38spl +p. I like it because its a hammerless revolver. Point & Shoot. No cocking or safety to contend with. Its the airweight line so it only weighs something like 15oz. Take a look see if would work for you.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Recoil is very manage able especially since its a 9mm and as far as price I got it on a very good deal
    With the MSRP $795 and up, I'm guessing a very good deal would put it between $600 to $700. That's alot, but as much as I like my P238, definately something to think about. I prefer single action too. Anyone shot both the Kahr CM9 and the Sig P938? Pros, Cons? Preferences?

Hoosierhunter97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    I am with you on owning too many different calibers of ammo to store etc. I am currently stocking 9, 40, 380 and 22. I purchased a 9mm for two reasons; the pistol in question is a good one and was selling dirt cheap and my observation on the price of 9mm ammo versus 40 and 380 at the time seemed like the best choice for hitting the range a couple of times per week.
    As for what to keep, IMO definitely a .22, since once you buy ammo in bulk you can always add another inexpensive firearm that fires it. As for .22 handguns, I would always have at least; one ACP type, a rifle and a revolver, since from my experience the six shooters will shoot damn near any type of LR ammo without an issue.
    45's are fun to shoot, but I havent honestly shot a 45 compact or subcompact and it seems to me that you would again be dealing with a hand cannon like an unmodified LCP is.

yogiboobooranger

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.1%
    53   1   0
    May 16, 2008
    La Porte
    The absolute best pocket gun is THE ONE you have in your pocket when it is needed. Me, I carry one in a front pocket at all times even when carrying one on the belt. My choice of the three pocketable guns I have is the Ruger LCP with a Laserlyte red laser on the side. I have a great Uncle George's leather pocket holster it is carried in and looks like a wallet from the outside. Very handy, easy to carry and to present from the pocket if needed. And no hiccups as far as shooting it! Never misses a beat.

Hoosierhunter97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    The absolute best pocket gun is THE ONE you have in your pocket when it is needed. Me, I carry one in a front pocket at all times even when carrying one on the belt. My choice of the three pocketable guns I have is the Ruger LCP with a Laserlyte red laser on the side. I have a great Uncle George's leather pocket holster it is carried in and looks like a wallet from the outside. Very handy, easy to carry and to present from the pocket if needed. And no hiccups as far as shooting it! Never misses a beat.

Agree totally! Have you made any/many modifications to yours?

IMPD31323

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    indy
    Kahr PM9
    Semi
    With night sights 700ish
    Carry front left pocket
    Shoots great! 100% reliable, very thin carries great!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom