• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Danemon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Sorry if this is a dead horse thread, but I was wondering who are the best chief LEO's for NFA signatures?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Morgan County I was in and out in less than 10 minutes last week. That included the finger prints.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Are you planning to move? Because you can't shop around. You have to go to the one that serves the area in which you live.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Although I don't live in Boone county, I KNOW Sheriff Campbell will signoff. He is cool like that.

In Marion county you really don't get to see the CLEO, as NFA forms are signed off by someone ie "lawyer" that they have designated to do such tasks. No meetings, just go to the firearms desk at the city county building and have the nice ladies fingerprint you and drop off your forms. (If you also leave a SASE, they will mail it back to you once signed.) They do run a quick background check before the "designator" signs off.

Danemon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Are you planning to move? Because you can't shop around. You have to go to the one that serves the area in which you live.

Yes sir, that's exactly why I'm asking. I'm trying to find the absolute best place (for me) to live in Indiana and a freedom loving CLEO would be a huge plus!:D

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Currently Vigo County is super easy. Ive never had an issue, in and out with in 15 or 20 minutes for prints and the Sheriff's signature. Now, there is an election for Sheriff this year and we are guaranteed to get a new one, so who knows come January.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    You have to go to the one that serves the area in which you live.
    uhmmmmm kinda
    I live in a town that has no LE & i go to the next town over & have the CLEO sign, my examiner knows this & has 0 issues with approvals. I could go to the county or even the state , I could have any broad shouldered judge in the state sign & wouldnt have any problems.
    A CLEO can be the Sheriff, police chief, constable, or any judge with "broad" powers :patriot:
    it is not required that a particular CLEO do it

Last edited:

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Although I don't live in Boone county, I KNOW Sheriff Campbell will signoff. He is cool like that.

In Marion county you really don't get to see the CLEO, as NFA forms are signed off by someone ie "lawyer" that they have designated to do such tasks. No meetings, just go to the firearms desk at the city county building and have the nice ladies fingerprint you and drop off your forms. (If you also leave a SASE, they will mail it back to you once signed.) They do run a quick background check before the "designator" signs off.

just got my form 4 back friday, it was a 10 day turnaround w/SASE.

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    while getiing lifetime prints/paperwork, i asked several questions about nfa stuff. oh...hancock county-gpd.... anyway they seemed very cool about it.

mp40gunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Rushville, Indiana
    For what it's' worth, I have never had an issue in Rush County with the last 3 Sherrifs. I normally drop off the forms on the way to work in the morning and pick them up on my way home.

Of course with that being said there are only 5 people in the whole county that own NFA items that I know of.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Not that you would want to move to Fishers, but the CLEO signed mine very quickly. The lady who fingerprinted me said he was out for the day, but would have him sign them the next morning. I got a call at about 8am saying they were ready to be picked up.

Top Bottom