• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nicr1991

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    These all sound like great suggestions! Thanks. I was carrying a G19 for a while at about 5 o'clock but it would always get caught on my jacket and be visible. So I downsized to a PT709 and haven't had too many issues like that since, but I'm actually not a huge fan of the 709. Thinking of trading for the G43. I'll have to check out those holster suggestions! And I am a Millenial, but no man bun and I am far far far from a hipster haha as for skinny jeans, I like them and the ladies seem to like them too :cool:

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I wear fitted clothes. I hate baggy clothes as they look sloppy and trashy.

I'm 5'6'' 140lbs. I carry a 4.25" 1911 EDC at 4-5 clock and it disappears under a t-shirt. Zero printing. It tucks right into the concave area of my back. I carry in a customized AlienGear IWB. I have worn fitted sport coats and suits to weddings and funerals with no one the wiser. I wear it to church every Sunday and no one can tell.

The best way to conceal is to find a gun, holster, and belt that fits your body profile and carry methods.

I'll sometimes carry my Springfield XDS 4.0 9mm appendix in a desantis inside heat and it conceals in a wife beater.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I carry a S&W M&P compact with a Mitch Rosen holster, the "Workman".
    It's a little $$, but worth it for all the use I've gotten out of it.
    I liked my first one so much, that I had for a Firestar, that I bought one for the M&P.

It goes in he waistband, so you do need pants a little bigger in the waist.
    The Workman allows you to still tuck in your shirt over the gun. When I draw, I just had to practice using the off hand to yank up on the shirt.

a-concise-primer-workman.jpg

20151004_123352.jpg

The top, where the loop is, pulls away from he holster, allowing the shirt to be tucked in between loop and holster.

It is a hand crafted holster. So you call in and they design it around you. You tell them the gun type, side of the body, belt size, etc.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I'm an average sized guy. Thankfully my chest and shoulders are still wider than my waistline so that helps considerably. But, I can wear just about any shirt with a GCode AIWB M&P9c. I can also run an M&P shield in a black dog owb at about 2:00 because it's thin and it sits pretty high on my belt.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    However you decide to conceal make sure you can quickly and subtly access your firearm. It may "disappear" with some carry strategies but it may not reappear fast enough to do you any good from that spot.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    These all sound like great suggestions! Thanks. I was carrying a G19 for a while at about 5 o'clock but it would always get caught on my jacket and be visible. So I downsized to a PT709 and haven't had too many issues like that since, but I'm actually not a huge fan of the 709. Thinking of trading for the G43. I'll have to check out those holster suggestions! And I am a Millenial, but no man bun and I am far far far from a hipster haha as for skinny jeans, I like them and the ladies seem to like them too :cool:

Or, stop worrying about it becoming visible? :D

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I also occasionally carry a j frame in a bianchi iwb and i wear it appendix as well. But if i can get away with it i just throw on a 1911 or my tp9sf owb and OC

Runt1122

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Fulton County
    I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how best to concealed carry without having to worry too much about the gun showing and without wearing super baggy clothes. I'm a slim guy and absolutely detest wearing baggy unfitted clothes. Does anyone have any suggestions? I already have a slim single stack pistol. I'm looking for suggestions on holsters, carry location, etc.

Thanks!

I would suggest an owb pancake style holster with 10-15* of forward cant. With a slim single stack, shirt untucked, would not be a problem and be more comfortable.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I would suggest an owb pancake style holster with 10-15* of forward cant. With a slim single stack, shirt untucked, would not be a problem and be more comfortable.

I will second that. I carry a Shield and just bought a ETW OWB holster after wearing a N82 IWB for a the last two years. I could never get used to the IWB when wearing jeans. I don't want to buy jeans an inch larger and even though people say they don't even feel their gun, I do.

The OWB holster I bought rides high, and since I wear untucked shirts pretty much all the time I am carrying, it works well. I am actually going to start having my dress shirts tailored so I can leave them untucked as well. I find the OWB doesn't squeeze into me. It just hangs out there and no one is the wiser.

BTW, I am 5'11" 168 lbs. Pretty lean.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yuck! Sloppy open carry! If you are going to untuck your shirt to cover your gun then cover it. If you are going to open carry then tuck it in.

No, thanks. I'll leave you to your preferences and continue to practice my own.

Nothing worse then reaching for your gun and getting a handful of shirt.

Well, there are worse things, but I agree this is a bad one. I highly recommend practicing not only drawing in a manner that purposefully minimizes the possibility, but to also cause it on purpose once in a while to practice correcting that problem as efficiently as possible.

Only reason to tuck a shirt behind the holster is to keep the grips from rubbing your love handles while mowing grass. Doesn't sound like the OP has that type of physique.

Neither do I, I just do things how I please despite the personal preferences of others. :yesway:

Ronn38

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    I've found the two items below very handy, albeit only for smaller, lighter arms (I carry either a PPK or a Beretta 71). The Barsoney goes in my jacket pocket (breast if sport coat--but in warm weather, I MIGHT try it in my front. The TufForce I use when I'm bicycling, it's nice because you can position many places. Not sure I'd trust to with, say my M&P 10. But then again, at 10 yards I can pop eyes eye with my PPK or Beretta--the M&P not so much.

71-4BUtAEGL._SL1500_.jpg
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DP4A01C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    51LrpC-hFAL._SX425_.jpg
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0037TICJM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    I do not wear skinny jeans by any means, but I do like clothes that fit well. I'm 5'4" and about 120lbs. and I've been known to carry a PPQ m2 or HK VP9 at about 4-5 on my right side.. as of now I'm carrying a PPS m2 which is quite a bit more comfortable. The best thing you can do, and it's already been mentioned, is start buying jeans that are a size bigger in the waste. Also, I can't stress enough how much a good gun belt will help you.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I usually wear carpenter style jeans and they aren't tight. I typically have an IWB for my G19 or G43, but I OWB the G19 sometimes and when I do that, I just wear a button shirt that's large enough to conceal it.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Man I need to lose weight! You guys all have much healthier proportions than I do. The pants I bought specifically to be able to iwb carry are now my "skinny jeans".

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Man I need to lose weight! You guys all have much healthier proportions than I do. The pants I bought specifically to be able to iwb carry are now my "skinny jeans".

"Healthy proportions"? What does that even mean? I wear a size 42 right now. I am by no means skinny.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I use a Galco Combat Master holster with my G19. It holds the Glock tightly against my right hip (plus a great belt). Sometimes it prints a little but I really don't care.
    For truly concealed carry I use a Crossbreed Supertuck. That doesn't cause the Glock print at all, even when wearing a t shirt.

Top Bottom