• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    These all sound like great suggestions! Thanks. I was carrying a G19 for a while at about 5 o'clock but it would always get caught on my jacket and be visible. So I downsized to a PT709 and haven't had too many issues like that since, but I'm actually not a huge fan of the 709. Thinking of trading for the G43. I'll have to check out those holster suggestions! And I am a Millenial, but no man bun and I am far far far from a hipster haha as for skinny jeans, I like them and the ladies seem to like them too :cool:

Go back to the G19, the firearm isn't the problem it is the holster.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Go back to the G19, the firearm isn't the problem it is the holster.

As are the jeans, and maybe the belt.

as for skinny jeans, I like them and the ladies seem to like them too :cool:

As long as you put fashion over protection, then IMHO, you are not serious about carrying. Carrying is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable. Just my :twocents:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    As long as you put fashion over protection, then IMHO, you are not serious about carrying. Carrying is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable. Just my :twocents:

Not a fashion issue at all. The problem is he chases after the gals who like the skinny jeans. What he needs to find is the one who likes a big ol G19 hanging out of his pants. :naughty: My suggestion would be to start chasing after the girls with an attitude and who could hide that same Glock in a flashbang. :thumbsup:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Invest in a good quality belt. Daltech Force Bio Belt or a Beltman leather belt. Or even a 5.11 belt. As long as it's purpose-built for carrying a gun. Or two.

Invest in a good quality holster. Or 4. Seriously. One of Kirk's Laws is "get a box" for the holsters. It's true. You'll probably end up wanting one for OWB and one for IWB. Buy quality.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Man I need to lose weight! You guys all have much healthier proportions than I do. The pants I bought specifically to be able to iwb carry are now my "skinny jeans".

I have a better solution! You can gain a bunch of weight and I'll sell you all of my old pants that are too big for me. You'll be able to hide pretty much anything you want to hide, maybe even a backup person.

Nicr1991

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I would love to carry small of back to be honest. I think that would probably work best for me. Any good holster recommendations for that? Thanks guys!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I am going to jump on the AIWB train with some of these guys. I'm very average and wear normal clothes, I am currently 5'9" and 200lbs both now and when I was 20lbs lighter I concealed a decent sized handgun without any issue. It's the only method of carry I could find in that I could carry the gun I wanted to and not have to compromise anything.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I am going to jump on the AIWB train with some of these guys. I'm very average and wear normal clothes, I am currently 5'9" and 200lbs both now and when I was 20lbs lighter I concealed a decent sized handgun without any issue. It's the only method of carry I could find in that I could carry the gun I wanted to and not have to compromise anything.

Haven't you heard? If you carry AIWB you'll die. I read it on the internet.

Nicr1991

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I've tried AIWB and I absolutely HATE it! My firearm always prints and it's extremely uncomfortable for me...

Top Bottom