• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The new owners of Target Sports in Sheridan, now Larson and Sons Shooting Supplies, just told me they took one back in that someone had ran less than a mag through. They dinged him, of course, but I believe he walked out with another. I think any reputable shop would take it back, especially if you had a relationship with them or they saw a future potential relationship.

Pay the $20 for the site supporter, I did and have near zero interest in the classifieds.

The leather/Kydex hybrid holsters work well, with just the clips showing, and a little light gun like that you can put the clips behind your belt just on the pants if you’re worried about it.

I don’t have to go up any on pants size, has a lot to do with body type.

I think the pattern in seeing here is try before you buy. Find someone with a holster you can try before you jump to the conclusion you’ll have to make a wardrobe change, or it won’t fit in your pocket.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Thanks for sharing that video, it was good and gave me something to think about.

I'm not sure why a pant pocket with a good pocket holster would not be safe. I could see problems with a rear pocket but not so much a front pocket.

Glocks like G43 have magnificant 3 primary safeties that work well.....

but watch that video again....along with others Neal has posted.

holsters need a hard kydex shell that covers the trigger & trigger guard.....

as you pull a Glock from the holster the only way to accidentially disharge it is to get your index finger on the trigger.......

especially under stress..... you may.

pants pocket carry is foolishness.

buy hey... buying a Glock without asking the clerk if you can try stuffin it there @ the store was really foolish..

sell it & good luck with that pants thing too

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I’ve sold some handguns on here and haven’t had any issues. Be careful and read the rules. I’m on a couple different forums so sometimes I copy and paste. Classified rules are different here from other sites and sometimes I get my peepee slapped. Also, if you’re on Facebook there are a few decent raffle groups I’m in and people usually MAKE money selling them that way.

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    You might be able to get close to what you paid with a nominal restocking fee if you exchanged it unfired for another new gun they have in stock.

That is what I am hoping, I would be ok if I lost 10~15% on it but anything more than that would hurt a bit. I was actually planning to stop by there tomorrow and see what they say. I'll update the post with whatever they say.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I was trying this one out with the G43, borrowed it from a coworker of mine. It worked pretty well but it left the handle sticking slightly higher than my pocket.

https://www.vedderholsters.com/pocket-locker-holster/

Do you have a favorite holster brand?

I have a Vedder Pocket Locker and use it sometimes, especially in cargo shorts with a little larger front pockets.

In jeans or jean shorts (yeah, I wear those...don't judge), I usually use a Desantis Nemesis.

Cheap and easy, just like I like my women. :):

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    The new owners of Target Sports in Sheridan, now Larson and Sons Shooting Supplies, just told me they took one back in that someone had ran less than a mag through. They dinged him, of course, but I believe he walked out with another. I think any reputable shop would take it back, especially if you had a relationship with them or they saw a future potential relationship.

Pay the $20 for the site supporter, I did and have near zero interest in the classifieds.

The leather/Kydex hybrid holsters work well, with just the clips showing, and a little light gun like that you can put the clips behind your belt just on the pants if you’re worried about it.

I don’t have to go up any on pants size, has a lot to do with body type.

I think the pattern in seeing here is try before you buy. Find someone with a holster you can try before you jump to the conclusion you’ll have to make a wardrobe change, or it won’t fit in your pocket.

I did end up trying a pocket holster and it didn’t work out too well. I’ll put a link below. It left a little bit of the handle showing above the pocket line. I think at a glance someone would think it is just a wallet or cell phone but at work I don’t want people to know. I don’t care so much about my coworkers but any exposure when dealing with clients could be iffy.

I completely agree with the try before you buy. I wish I had gone into the store with a holster of any kind beforehand.

https://www.vedderholsters.com/pocket-locker-holster/

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    I’ve sold some handguns on here and haven’t had any issues. Be careful and read the rules. I’m on a couple different forums so sometimes I copy and paste. Classified rules are different here from other sites and sometimes I get my peepee slapped. Also, if you’re on Facebook there are a few decent raffle groups I’m in and people usually MAKE money selling them that way.

I'll be sure to check those out. I do use facebook, though I haven't been on there that much. Thanks for the idea about the raffle sites.

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    I have a Vedder Pocket Locker and use it sometimes, especially in cargo shorts with a little larger front pockets.

In jeans or jean shorts (yeah, I wear those...don't judge), I usually use a Desantis Nemesis.

Cheap and easy, just like I like my women. :):

Haha, no worries I think I have a pair of jean shorts somewhere in my closet too. I don't do the shorts too often but I do wear jean pants. I'll have to look at a Desantis holster to try, I think something like one of those came with an LCP I have.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Haha, no worries I think I have a pair of jean shorts somewhere in my closet too. I don't do the shorts too often but I do wear jean pants. I'll have to look at a Desantis holster to try, I think something like one of those came with an LCP I have.

I might have misread your intentions, I see that you mentioned carrying at work. I carry my P365 in my pocket because it doesn't really print that much, and what little it does print on occasion, I don't care about. I don't have coworkers or clients to worry about. If you do, then absolutely an LCP or similar would probably be the way to go. While a G42/G43 is very pocketable to me, it does have a square edged slide and could be noticed in a pocket easier than something smaller and more rounded off.

Might also consider a belly band. Not as readily accessible, but more deeply concealed and at least you have a gun with you. Depends on the importance of concealment vs. the importance of fast access, depending on your situation.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    pant pocket carry is not foolish....

it's redicullous.?

No it's not. Have been doing it for years without issue. Of course, a proper holster is in order.

guy is first-time buyer? some one with "buyer's remorse" who want 100% concealment because he does not want to "scare" clients or co-workers @ the office wants to carry a G43.... or wait for it.......

a thicker revolver***!

yes, please sell that G43 here.

get a brief case, lockable & carry it like your purse....

oh, off-body carry is not usually successful cause some one with "buyer's remorse" will probably get that
    G43/revolver taken away with expected results.

can't wait to see the G43, without ammo, with several holsters listed in classifieds.

good luck

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

it's redicullous.?

guy is first-time buyer? some one with "buyer's remorse" who want 100% concealment because he does not want to "scare" clients or co-workers @ the office wants to carry a G43.... or wait for it.......

a thicker revolver***!

oh, off-body carry is not usually successful cause some one with "buyer's remorse" will probably get that

can't wait to see the G43, without ammo, with several holsters listed in classifieds.

good luck

Your attempt at being an a-hole for no reason in a thread asking for advice would be a lot more effective if you mind your spelling and sentence structure.

It also may help to put together a coherent thought before posting.

Apologies if English is not your first language.

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    I might have misread your intentions, I see that you mentioned carrying at work. I carry my P365 in my pocket because it doesn't really print that much, and what little it does print on occasion, I don't care about. I don't have coworkers or clients to worry about. If you do, then absolutely an LCP or similar would probably be the way to go. While a G42/G43 is very pocketable to me, it does have a square edged slide and could be noticed in a pocket easier than something smaller and more rounded off.

Might also consider a belly band. Not as readily accessible, but more deeply concealed and at least you have a gun with you. Depends on the importance of concealment vs. the importance of fast access, depending on your situation.

I hadn't thought about a belly band. I'll have to give that one some thought.

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne

it's redicullous.?

a thicker revolver***!

good luck

When did we start talking about revolvers?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I missed this the first time, that the gun had not been shot. So you are selling a gun you have not shot, because you don't like how it carries...

Top Bottom