• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mechmc17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Zionsville
    If you decide not to keep the G43, you should have no difficulty selling it, either in the marketplace here or another private sale. All 9 mm Glocks are difficult to find at present and you might even get retail price if the right person comes along. You’re not in a bad position having a G43, it will sell. Good luck figuring out a way to make it work for you or finding an alternative.

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    If you decide not to keep the G43, you should have no difficulty selling it, either in the marketplace here or another private sale. All 9 mm Glocks are difficult to find at present and you might even get retail price if the right person comes along. You’re not in a bad position having a G43, it will sell. Good luck figuring out a way to make it work for you or finding an alternative.

I did decide to sell it at the same price I bought it for.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    pant pocket carry is not foolish....

it's ridiculous.?

As well as dangerous.
    I don't know of ANY legitimate training that will allow someone in the class to draw from your pocket.. If anyone is aware of a holster draw class that allows participants to use a pocket holster please enlighten me as to the trainer and the course. It's been my experience that pocket carry is for those that believe training is a waste of time and money.

I would suggest acquiring a holster that attaches securely to your belt and training with it. You and yours will be much better off.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    As well as dangerous.
    I don't know of ANY legitimate training that will allow someone in the class to draw from your pocket.. If anyone is aware of a holster draw class that allows participants to use a pocket holster please enlighten me as to the trainer and the course. It's been my experience that pocket carry is for those that believe training is a waste of time and money.

I would suggest acquiring a holster that attaches securely to your belt and training with it. You and yours will be much better off.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

It's only dangerous if you are an idiot.

Wyatt Earp showed up at the OK Corral with his pistol in his overcoat pocket. I've read a couple of different accounts of the encounter there, and I don't recall any little buzzers or steel plates being mentioned. Don't know what his time was. I hear he did alright, though.

Retired LE here, also served in the US Army. Pocket carried quite a bit in non-permissive environments, and almost exclusively pocket carry today in a Vedder Pocket Locker. It's comfortable, safe and drawing is not a problem. In fact, I can do something that holster carriers can't do, which is have my hand on my gun in an inconspicuous manner.

Situational awareness is 10 times more important than how you carry, as long as your carry method secures the weapon and covers the trigger guard. Plenty of lethal force encounters won by a man with a gun in his pocket.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    It's only dangerous if you are an idiot.

Wyatt Earp showed up at the OK Corral with his pistol in his overcoat pocket. I've read a couple of different accounts of the encounter there, and I don't recall any little buzzers or steel plates being mentioned. Don't know what his time was. I hear he did alright, though.

Retired LE here, also served in the US Army. Pocket carried quite a bit in non-permissive environments, and almost exclusively pocket carry today in a Vedder Pocket Locker. It's comfortable, safe and drawing is not a problem. In fact, I can do something that holster carriers can't do, which is have my hand on my gun in an inconspicuous manner.

Situational awareness is 10 times more important than how you carry, as long as your carry method secures the weapon and covers the trigger guard. Plenty of lethal force encounters won by a man with a gun in his pocket.

Wyatt Earp?:laugh: Really not relevant to the conversation..Not a match using timers, but training that allows drawing from your pocket. Are you suggesting that some military or a Law enforcement agencies you were affiliated with train people to draw from their pocket? If so I'm curious what agencies might have that training or even sanction it. If you want to pocket carry it's your business and maybe it's good for you but some here are newbies. Suggesting that carrying in your pocket is somehow intuitive and doesn't require training is sending the wrong signal.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Wyatt Earp?:laugh: Really not relevant to the conversation..Not a match using timers, but training that allows drawing from your pocket. Are you suggesting that some military or a Law enforcement agencies you were affiliated with train people to draw from their pocket? If so I'm curious what agencies might have that training or even sanction it. If you want to pocket carry it's your business and maybe it's good for you but some here are newbies. Suggesting that carrying in your pocket is somehow intuitive and doesn't require training is sending the wrong signal.

You're right, Wyatt is not exactly relevant. He actually won gunfights in real life.

I guess I am just blessed with unusual natural talent. I somehow figured out how to draw a pistol from my pocket without having to take a class.

Might as well sell my home defense pistol, I suppose, since I've never taken a nightstand draw class either.

Any holster recommendations for side sleepers?

:rolleyes: :):

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    You're right, Wyatt is not exactly relevant. He actually won gunfights in real life.

I guess I am just blessed with unusual natural talent. I somehow figured out how to draw a pistol from my pocket without having to take a class.

Might as well sell my home defense pistol, I suppose, since I've never taken a nightstand draw class either.

Any holster recommendations for side sleepers?

:rolleyes: :):
    First I appreciate your service as well as anyone that has served in the military or law enforcement. Suggesting to a new shooter that the knowledge of how to load a revolver and drop it in a pocket holster is all that is necessary for self defense is a disservice and frankly dangerous to a new shooter. Possibly your talents are beyond most but a revolver that will fit in your pocket is not easy for anyone to be proficient with, most assuredly a someone that has no experience with a handgun. If you have had the experience of trying to teach someone to shoot a revolver you would know that. I'm just saying don't make it sound so simple for people to effectively defend themselves.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    First I appreciate your service as well as anyone that has served in the military or law enforcement. Suggesting to a new shooter that the knowledge of how to load a revolver and drop it in a pocket holster is all that is necessary for self defense is a disservice and frankly dangerous to a new shooter. Possibly your talents are beyond most but a revolver that will fit in your pocket is not easy for anyone to be proficient with, most assuredly a someone that has no experience with a handgun. If you have had the experience of trying to teach someone to shoot a revolver you would know that. I'm just saying don't make it sound so simple for people to effectively defend themselves.

If you're talking new shooters, they I find little to disagree with you about. This conversation being on INGO, I was thinking that most of us are not new shooters. What I took issue with was your proclamation that pocket carry is dangerous. No. It's not. Carrying a handgun anywhere on the body can be dangerous for anyone who lacks gun handling experience, but for those of us who have this experience (probably most of us on INGO), it's no more dangerous than any other method of carry. Follow basic gun safety rules, use a pocket holster that covers the trigger, ensure that you can complete a snag-free draw and deploy your handgun effectively, and you've got it.

I think we're just approaching this from two different perspectives, that's all.

:cheers:

Top Bottom