• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    The actual "problem" is that most people just want to live a happy/unfettered existence as best we can. Get up in the morning, enjoy some breakfast or a cup of coffee. Go to work. Satisfy whatever requirements were made of you throughout the day. Pay your bills. Return to your home, make certain everyone you love is safe and secure, fill your belly and go to bed so you can get up tomorrow and do it all over again.

Everything else in the world are powers pulling us one direction or another trying to influence and direct behavior. Media, entertainment, politicians, what it comes down to is power/control granted by the masses through endorsement and consent, either actively or passively.

When the scales are tipped to become an annoyance to the everyday existence then passive consent starts to evaporate.

When those with social power start to direct social behavior that impedes upon the individual's ability to go through their day without being assaulted with messages that run counter to their core values, consent is withdrawn and resentment builds.

So we end up with active and passive resentment just waiting to be channeled. A little active resentment can be a good thing, too much in a wrong or unintended direction and you end up in places none of us want to be.

Beware those that revel in active resentment.

Just my view from the tractor.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The actual "problem" is that most people just want to live a happy/unfettered existence as best we can. Get up in the morning, enjoy some breakfast or a cup of coffee. Go to work. Satisfy whatever requirements were made of you throughout the day. Pay your bills. Return to your home, make certain everyone you love is safe and secure, fill your belly and go to bed so you can get up tomorrow and do it all over again.

Everything else in the world are powers pulling us one direction or another trying to influence and direct behavior. Media, entertainment, politicians, what it comes down to is power/control granted by the masses through endorsement and consent, either actively or passively.

When the scales are tipped to become an annoyance to the everyday existence then passive consent starts to evaporate.

When those with social power start to direct social behavior that impedes upon the individual's ability to go through their day without being assaulted with messages that run counter to their core values, consent is withdrawn and resentment builds.

So we end up with active and passive resentment just waiting to be channeled. A little active resentment can be a good thing, too much in a wrong or unintended direction and you end up in places none of us want to be.

Beware those that revel in active resentment.

Just my view from the tractor.

Rep inbound.......:)

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Why do the politicians think that they will come to us?

^^ This.

Every cop with a take home squad car can become a target for a midnight drive-by. A few shots thru the windows with a home-made suppressor will send a message to quit your job or suffer the possibility that your own family can be victims of your confiscation actions. While politicians will be outraged and make more speeches, their wives, kids, parents, will all be saying "this isn't worth risking OUR lives over fanatic legislation"

Add to the mix the poor schmuck who has a tramp wife that filed for divorce, took the kids and moved back with her parents 200 miles away, is constantly hammering for more child support (and getting it from a bleeding heart judge) and perhaps this guy has nothing left to live for and willing to ambush police.

and if the law abiders among us can predict these scenarios, then others can as well.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My guess is that if the feds say no to AR/AK type guns things will be done much like in 34 with what became NFA items. Nobody will go door to door, you will just get to drop them off at a collection center, if you are caught with them after a certain date, you face whatever penalties come with the new law. Leadership really doesn't care one way or the other if people are shooting at one another, as long as they aren't being shot at. They just want to milk the issue to appear to be doing something so they can get back to stealing from taxpayers.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    My guess is that if the feds say no to AR/AK type guns things will be done much like in 34 with what became NFA items. Nobody will go door to door, you will just get to drop them off at a collection center, if you are caught with them after a certain date, you face whatever penalties come with the new law. Leadership really doesn't care one way or the other if people are shooting at one another, as long as they aren't being shot at. They just want to milk the issue to appear to be doing something so they can get back to stealing from taxpayers.

Never mind.

josh64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    All the candidates need to be asked what (other) constitutional rights they would like to see restricted or abolished.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So what happens now when the Beta comes knocking at the door? Do you give him dollar or something to go away? Hire him to rake some leaves? Just don't leave your house unlocked or anything valuable unsecured!

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Yeah, SMH, I saw that last night too.

:ugh:

It might be interesting to note that Elizabeth and Bernie have already started attacking him.

:popcorn:

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Beta took one for the team and introduced confiscation, took the ridicule f,rom both sides then slunk away with his campaign monies. He did put it on the menu, however, so now another Dem candidate can bring it up and the "surprise" element will be gone. Increments.

I see the blackface loving governor of VA, gloating over his newly minted blue legislature, has ruled out assault weapon confiscation "at this time." He did say they had many other gun control measures that will be put into place. Not good.

I'm not sure what to think about Bloomberg's entry. I can't imagine an old, white, New York billionaire getting enough support to be President. lol Money can buy a lot of things, and support, and maybe some of the other Dem candidates need a new vacation home??

He is the ultimate nanny statist, wanting to disarm everyone, control what you eat and drink, put on the internet, etc. I am sure his bodyguards still carry their fulyy automatic weapons, though.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom