• ...and so much more!
  • hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Every time I see Chuck I have Laverne & Shirley flashbacks
    [video=youtube;HLTx5ZwJiS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLTx5ZwJiS0[/video]

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'm going to try again. I had a hard time "getting it" the first season.

It develops slowly. Just like breaking bad did. If you didn't follow Breaking bad, Saul will not likely satisfy.

Bullets right. I had not seen breaking bad yet. But something told me to watch it again then I got hook. My son notice the breaking bad connection.

Give it a couple episodes and you might like it. I am glad that they had a season season. Slippin Jimmy is a real character to follow. It's hard to know what is going on in his head. He's a good guy one minute and a crook the next. He is a hell of a actor, as are all the cast.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, I'm usually pretty on-top of things like this... but this was pretty new to me.

I know after a certain time, cable TV channels can and do uncensor the word "s***"

The last episode of Saul, however...

It airs between 9pm and 10pm. During the opening and halfway point, it warned of strong language. Later in the episode, "f***" is heard, uncensored.

Not sure there's a precedent for that, is there? Granted, channels like AMC and FX do get away with some nudity every now and then.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The FCC can regulate cable to the extent that microwave transmission of content is part of the system (pretty common). However, it does not have the same content restrictions as broadcast TV. Generally, the FCC has content labeling and warning regulations for cable, but does not restrict the content. The content is restricted based upon "gentlemen's agreements" and what pleases the sponsor.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    They must edit a lot of that out when it isn't on Netflix. I hear the f bomb all the time on multiple shows.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I only hope when this show ends that it ties it back nicely to the beginning of breaking bad, so we can watch again.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    So, I'm usually pretty on-top of things like this... but this was pretty new to me.

I know after a certain time, cable TV channels can and do uncensor the word "s***"

The last episode of Saul, however...

It airs between 9pm and 10pm. During the opening and halfway point, it warned of strong language. Later in the episode, "f***" is heard, uncensored.

Not sure there's a precedent for that, is there? Granted, channels like AMC and FX do get away with some nudity every now and then.

I think if it's the first airing, it usually goes unnoticed. Remember Breaking Bad when Skylar told Walt she was F'ing Ted? The first time it aired it was full blast. Reruns tend to have it muted out

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think if it's the first airing, it usually goes unnoticed. Remember Breaking Bad when Skylar told Walt she was F'ing Ted? The first time it aired it was full blast. Reruns tend to have it muted out

The FCC can regulate cable to the extent that microwave transmission of content is part of the system (pretty common). However, it does not have the same content restrictions as broadcast TV. Generally, the FCC has content labeling and warning regulations for cable, but does not restrict the content. The content is restricted based upon "gentlemen's agreements" and what pleases the sponsor.

This makes sense, it probably is pretty heavily based on the sponsors.

I missed the F-bomb. Was it on this Monday's episode, or an earlier one?

Yep, most recent one, Monday. It's from Howard Hamlin, distressed in his office, being berated by Saul.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I only hope when this show ends that it ties it back nicely to the beginning of breaking bad, so we can watch again.
    I noticed in the opening segment 2 weeks ago, it was the scene from Breaking Bad when Saul was cleaning out his office and going on the lam. Makes me think they are going to tie it all in.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I noticed in the opening segment 2 weeks ago, it was the scene from Breaking Bad when Saul was cleaning out his office and going on the lam. Makes me think they are going to tie it all in.

It would be cool if they did that so you go right into watching BB.

Top Bottom